Shailene Woodley: Top 5 Reasons “Divergent” Star Could be the Next Jennifer Lawrence [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | October 28, 2013 6:45 PM EST
“The Fault in Our Stars” actress, Shailene Woodley has been touted as the next Jennifer Lawrence of Hollywood. From her acting skills to her good looks and from her known beliefs to the nature of the film she is starring on, Woodley no doubt is slowly making a name for herself and soon will rise to international superstardom the same way Jennifer Lawrence did.
Jennifer Lawrence has become a household name for playing Katniss in “The Hunger Games.” And soon, she is everywhere, from cover magazines to television shows after nabbing the coveted “Best Actress” award for her role in Silver Lining Playbook at The Oscars 2013.
Critics believe that Woodley appears to thread the path travelled by Jennifer Lawrence two years ago, when J-Law’s name barely rings a bell.
Here are the top five reasons Shailene Woodley could be the next Jennifer Lawrence:
1. She stars in two upcoming films based on high-profile bestsellers
Woodley landed the lead roles for upcoming film, “The Fault in Our Stars,” set to hit theaters in June 2014. She also portrayed a major character in another film, “Divergent.”
It should be interesting to note that both films are based on high-profile bestsellers. “Divergent” is based on the debut novel by American author, Veronica Roth and the book (and the film) has been compared to “The Hunger Games,” for its theme and target audience.
“The Fault in Our Stars,” on the other hand is the fourth solo novel by John Green. Published in 2012, the story is about a cancer patient Hazel, who falls in love with a former basketball player and an amputee.
2. The teens will sure love her
The storylines both offered by “Divergent” and “The Fault in Our Stars” no doubt touch the hearts of the teens. These are the kinds of stories that made the teens fall in love to Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in “The Twilight,”; and Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe in “The Harry Potter” and Jennifer Lawrence, “The Hunger Games.”
3. She shows versatility in acting
Woodley according to Michigan Daily shows versatility in her acting. Referring to her roles other than the lead characters for “Divergent” and “The Fault In Our Stars,” the news Web site noted how Woodley was able to portray different kinds of roles. In “The Spectacular Now” Woodley was able to pull off a great performance of a teen in love. What is interesting about the young star is her ability to turn things around in the “Descendants” where she played an intense character that earned her praise and even got nominated for the Golden Globe.
4. She’s got the looks
Big, bright eyes. Long pins. Great smiles.
5. Her values and beliefs
If there’s one thing that would really get your attention about Shailene Woodley, it’s her beliefs and values. At such a young age, she already started working on her humanitarian activities. The “Divergent” actress did not wait to become an A-list star, like Angelina Jolie, Susan Sarandon or Sandra Bullock. At this stage in her career, Woodley has already been involved in a number of causes.
Michigan Daily took a look at her Twitter account and the news Web site described her daily dose as “full of endearing slice-off bits” and she discusses wholesome issues and helpful tips such as cooking tips, smileys and images of her home-cooked dishes.
Her post on Tumblr, added the Web site enjoin followers and internet users to help cancer patients and she said, “this could be a beautiful opportunity to rally the troops of mankind and ask for some warriors to help contribute to the cause. any of you have 8 inches of hair to spare? ... yay!!! :))).” The post has been reportedly reblogged more than 5,000 times.
More Entertainment News:
Katy Perry Takes Another Jab at Russell Brand as Singer Reveals Being in Bed for Two Weeks after Getting “Divorce” Text [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
Lou Reed: Celebrities Pay Tribute to Velvet Underground Musician Who Dies at 71 [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
One Direction: Parents of Teen Fans Wait as their Kids Scream for Joy at 1D Concert in Brisbane, Australia [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date