Novak Djokovic Writes Name in the Sky, Air Serbia Names First Plane After the World No 2
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 28, 2013 12:37 PM EST
Novak Djokovic has just added a huge endorsement deal up his sleeves. Djokovic, who currently ranks second in the world, is the new ambassador of Air Serbia.
Air Serbia is the national flag carrier airline of Serbia, which is the successor of Jat Airways, the largest airline of Serbia, and we all know that Djokovic is a native of the said country. Air Serbia was established in partnership with Etihad Airways. The airline company states that its fleet will carry the names of 14 important living Serbs, and Djokovic is one of them.
Djokovic's name can be seen at the front part of the plane printed in big letters.
Djokovic was once quoted by the Serbian press as saying he was very glad to be of help to the airline company.
Air Serbia has two Airbus 319s. It has a stylised double-headed logo inspired by the Serbian coat of arms. It will debut its first flight to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Saturday. Eight more airbuses will be launched later this year and a couple more will be added on March 2014.
Djokovic has certainly given his country great pride with his victories in professional tennis. He used to rank World No 1. There is no doubt that the six-time world champion will help boost the airline company's business.
The professional Serbian tennis player did several sponsorships with other business ventures in Serbia, prior to doing business with the airline company. He currently endorses Telecom Srbija, a Serbian telecommunications company. He also did commercial advertisements and print ads for Serbian supermarket chains, Konzum and DIS Trgovina.
Djokovic has also delved into the business world and has opened up several ventures in Serbia. He has opened up his chains of restaurant in Serbia, and he has also entered into a real estate development deal in 2008.
The Serbian athlete is an influential man, and his endorsements are guaranteed to achieve success. Who knows, maybe he will open his own airline company, too?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims