Novak Djokovic Writes Name in the Sky, Air Serbia Names First Plane After the World No 2
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 28, 2013 12:37 PM EST
Novak Djokovic has just added a huge endorsement deal up his sleeves. Djokovic, who currently ranks second in the world, is the new ambassador of Air Serbia.
Air Serbia is the national flag carrier airline of Serbia, which is the successor of Jat Airways, the largest airline of Serbia, and we all know that Djokovic is a native of the said country. Air Serbia was established in partnership with Etihad Airways. The airline company states that its fleet will carry the names of 14 important living Serbs, and Djokovic is one of them.
Djokovic's name can be seen at the front part of the plane printed in big letters.
Djokovic was once quoted by the Serbian press as saying he was very glad to be of help to the airline company.
Air Serbia has two Airbus 319s. It has a stylised double-headed logo inspired by the Serbian coat of arms. It will debut its first flight to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Saturday. Eight more airbuses will be launched later this year and a couple more will be added on March 2014.
Djokovic has certainly given his country great pride with his victories in professional tennis. He used to rank World No 1. There is no doubt that the six-time world champion will help boost the airline company's business.
The professional Serbian tennis player did several sponsorships with other business ventures in Serbia, prior to doing business with the airline company. He currently endorses Telecom Srbija, a Serbian telecommunications company. He also did commercial advertisements and print ads for Serbian supermarket chains, Konzum and DIS Trgovina.
Djokovic has also delved into the business world and has opened up several ventures in Serbia. He has opened up his chains of restaurant in Serbia, and he has also entered into a real estate development deal in 2008.
The Serbian athlete is an influential man, and his endorsements are guaranteed to achieve success. Who knows, maybe he will open his own airline company, too?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports