Novak Djokovic Writes Name in the Sky, Air Serbia Names First Plane After the World No 2
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 28, 2013 12:37 PM EST
Novak Djokovic has just added a huge endorsement deal up his sleeves. Djokovic, who currently ranks second in the world, is the new ambassador of Air Serbia.
Air Serbia is the national flag carrier airline of Serbia, which is the successor of Jat Airways, the largest airline of Serbia, and we all know that Djokovic is a native of the said country. Air Serbia was established in partnership with Etihad Airways. The airline company states that its fleet will carry the names of 14 important living Serbs, and Djokovic is one of them.
Djokovic's name can be seen at the front part of the plane printed in big letters.
Djokovic was once quoted by the Serbian press as saying he was very glad to be of help to the airline company.
Air Serbia has two Airbus 319s. It has a stylised double-headed logo inspired by the Serbian coat of arms. It will debut its first flight to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Saturday. Eight more airbuses will be launched later this year and a couple more will be added on March 2014.
Djokovic has certainly given his country great pride with his victories in professional tennis. He used to rank World No 1. There is no doubt that the six-time world champion will help boost the airline company's business.
The professional Serbian tennis player did several sponsorships with other business ventures in Serbia, prior to doing business with the airline company. He currently endorses Telecom Srbija, a Serbian telecommunications company. He also did commercial advertisements and print ads for Serbian supermarket chains, Konzum and DIS Trgovina.
Djokovic has also delved into the business world and has opened up several ventures in Serbia. He has opened up his chains of restaurant in Serbia, and he has also entered into a real estate development deal in 2008.
The Serbian athlete is an influential man, and his endorsements are guaranteed to achieve success. Who knows, maybe he will open his own airline company, too?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open Round of 16: Grigor Dimitrov vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged