Novak Djokovic Writes Name in the Sky, Air Serbia Names First Plane After the World No 2
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 28, 2013 12:37 PM EST
Novak Djokovic has just added a huge endorsement deal up his sleeves. Djokovic, who currently ranks second in the world, is the new ambassador of Air Serbia.
Air Serbia is the national flag carrier airline of Serbia, which is the successor of Jat Airways, the largest airline of Serbia, and we all know that Djokovic is a native of the said country. Air Serbia was established in partnership with Etihad Airways. The airline company states that its fleet will carry the names of 14 important living Serbs, and Djokovic is one of them.
Djokovic's name can be seen at the front part of the plane printed in big letters.
Djokovic was once quoted by the Serbian press as saying he was very glad to be of help to the airline company.
Air Serbia has two Airbus 319s. It has a stylised double-headed logo inspired by the Serbian coat of arms. It will debut its first flight to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Saturday. Eight more airbuses will be launched later this year and a couple more will be added on March 2014.
Djokovic has certainly given his country great pride with his victories in professional tennis. He used to rank World No 1. There is no doubt that the six-time world champion will help boost the airline company's business.
The professional Serbian tennis player did several sponsorships with other business ventures in Serbia, prior to doing business with the airline company. He currently endorses Telecom Srbija, a Serbian telecommunications company. He also did commercial advertisements and print ads for Serbian supermarket chains, Konzum and DIS Trgovina.
Djokovic has also delved into the business world and has opened up several ventures in Serbia. He has opened up his chains of restaurant in Serbia, and he has also entered into a real estate development deal in 2008.
The Serbian athlete is an influential man, and his endorsements are guaranteed to achieve success. Who knows, maybe he will open his own airline company, too?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter