Novak Djokovic Writes Name in the Sky, Air Serbia Names First Plane After the World No 2
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 28, 2013 12:37 PM EST
Novak Djokovic has just added a huge endorsement deal up his sleeves. Djokovic, who currently ranks second in the world, is the new ambassador of Air Serbia.
Air Serbia is the national flag carrier airline of Serbia, which is the successor of Jat Airways, the largest airline of Serbia, and we all know that Djokovic is a native of the said country. Air Serbia was established in partnership with Etihad Airways. The airline company states that its fleet will carry the names of 14 important living Serbs, and Djokovic is one of them.
Djokovic's name can be seen at the front part of the plane printed in big letters.
Djokovic was once quoted by the Serbian press as saying he was very glad to be of help to the airline company.
Air Serbia has two Airbus 319s. It has a stylised double-headed logo inspired by the Serbian coat of arms. It will debut its first flight to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Saturday. Eight more airbuses will be launched later this year and a couple more will be added on March 2014.
Djokovic has certainly given his country great pride with his victories in professional tennis. He used to rank World No 1. There is no doubt that the six-time world champion will help boost the airline company's business.
The professional Serbian tennis player did several sponsorships with other business ventures in Serbia, prior to doing business with the airline company. He currently endorses Telecom Srbija, a Serbian telecommunications company. He also did commercial advertisements and print ads for Serbian supermarket chains, Konzum and DIS Trgovina.
Djokovic has also delved into the business world and has opened up several ventures in Serbia. He has opened up his chains of restaurant in Serbia, and he has also entered into a real estate development deal in 2008.
The Serbian athlete is an influential man, and his endorsements are guaranteed to achieve success. Who knows, maybe he will open his own airline company, too?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report