Ten Easy Ways to Cut Out Stress
By Natural News | October 28, 2013 10:36 AM EST
Dealing with stress is never easy. However, there are quite a number of ways the impact of stress can be reduced. The way to achieve this is through following ten very simple steps for reducing stress levels. Each and every single one of these steps can be performed easily and should become common practices as part of one's weekly activities.
The Ten Simple Daily Steps for Reducing Stress
Make improvements on an outlook on life. Thoughts do guide feelings and anyone with positive thoughts will find stress levels start to decrease immensely.
Invest time in meditation
Meditation has been around for thousands of years. Through the active practice of meditation the mind can become much more placid and calm. Stress levels diminish as a result.
Practice deep breathing
Deep breathing aids in getting hyperventilation under control which, in turn, aids in reducing the racing thoughts and excess anxiety labored breathing contributes to.
Take a nice, long walk
Walking can be considered a form of moving meditation. Walking can also burn up a little bit of excess energy that contributes to anxiety. Long walks not only improve health, but they also offer a means in which to calm the mind and clear it out.
Listing to calming music
Music that is soft and easy can aid greatly in helping to slow down some of the psychic noise that may be running through the back of a person's mind. Classical music just might be the best genre of music to listen to when the goal is stress reduction.
Exercise on a regular basis
Exercise definitely helps cut down stress. Even moderate levels of exercise contribute to burning up a lot of that excess tension and anxiety that builds up due to inactivity. Higher intensity exercise sessions can be perfect for taking stress out of the system.
Take in the natural world
Watching the sun rise or the ocean waves move or simply sitting in a park can have a calming effect.
Enroll in yoga classes
Yoga offers scores of unique holistic benefits not the least of which would be the ability to drastically cut down on stress levels. Yoga aids in teaching many of the common ways stress can be reduced including improved breathing and simple meditation. Basic and simple stretches are also taught and these stretches are excellent for those hoping to reduce physical stress.
Read a book that contributes to cutting down on stress
A book can the mind off of stress although the right genres should be selected. Horror novels and books that are nihilistic are not great for reducing anxiety. Upbeat and positive works would be far wiser choices.
Get the right amount of sleep
A lack of sleep and rest can make a person stressed, angry, and depressed. Getting sleeping cycles on the proper track is recommended.
Take the Time Out to Let the Steps Work
Stress reduction does not go away overnight. The ten steps listed can cut down on stress levels quite a bit. However, the right amount of time commitment is required to experience necessary results.
About the author:
Sandeep is an mountain climber, runner, and fitness coach. He shares his tips for staying in shape and eating healthy on quickeasyfit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola: American Doctors in Liberia Trying Out New Methods
- 5 Deadly Reasons to Stay Away From Soda (Watch Video)
- Low-Carb Diet Helps Reduce Risk of Heart Disease, Aids Weight Loss; A Look At Celebs Who Adopted The Diet
- Boxing News 2014: 12 Days to Mayweather-Maidana Rematch; Money May’s Bikram Yoga Routine Includes Placing $100 Bills Around Mat
- Bill Clinton Credits Sugar-Free Diet For Weight Loss: A Vegan Diet If Not Followed Properly Can Cause Weight Gain
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones