Ten Easy Ways to Cut Out Stress
By Natural News | October 28, 2013 10:36 AM EST
Dealing with stress is never easy. However, there are quite a number of ways the impact of stress can be reduced. The way to achieve this is through following ten very simple steps for reducing stress levels. Each and every single one of these steps can be performed easily and should become common practices as part of one's weekly activities.
The Ten Simple Daily Steps for Reducing Stress
Make improvements on an outlook on life. Thoughts do guide feelings and anyone with positive thoughts will find stress levels start to decrease immensely.
Invest time in meditation
Meditation has been around for thousands of years. Through the active practice of meditation the mind can become much more placid and calm. Stress levels diminish as a result.
Practice deep breathing
Deep breathing aids in getting hyperventilation under control which, in turn, aids in reducing the racing thoughts and excess anxiety labored breathing contributes to.
Take a nice, long walk
Walking can be considered a form of moving meditation. Walking can also burn up a little bit of excess energy that contributes to anxiety. Long walks not only improve health, but they also offer a means in which to calm the mind and clear it out.
Listing to calming music
Music that is soft and easy can aid greatly in helping to slow down some of the psychic noise that may be running through the back of a person's mind. Classical music just might be the best genre of music to listen to when the goal is stress reduction.
Exercise on a regular basis
Exercise definitely helps cut down stress. Even moderate levels of exercise contribute to burning up a lot of that excess tension and anxiety that builds up due to inactivity. Higher intensity exercise sessions can be perfect for taking stress out of the system.
Take in the natural world
Watching the sun rise or the ocean waves move or simply sitting in a park can have a calming effect.
Enroll in yoga classes
Yoga offers scores of unique holistic benefits not the least of which would be the ability to drastically cut down on stress levels. Yoga aids in teaching many of the common ways stress can be reduced including improved breathing and simple meditation. Basic and simple stretches are also taught and these stretches are excellent for those hoping to reduce physical stress.
Read a book that contributes to cutting down on stress
A book can the mind off of stress although the right genres should be selected. Horror novels and books that are nihilistic are not great for reducing anxiety. Upbeat and positive works would be far wiser choices.
Get the right amount of sleep
A lack of sleep and rest can make a person stressed, angry, and depressed. Getting sleeping cycles on the proper track is recommended.
Take the Time Out to Let the Steps Work
Stress reduction does not go away overnight. The ten steps listed can cut down on stress levels quite a bit. However, the right amount of time commitment is required to experience necessary results.
About the author:
Sandeep is an mountain climber, runner, and fitness coach. He shares his tips for staying in shape and eating healthy on quickeasyfit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MRI Footage Shows What Sex And Other Activities Looks Like From The Inside[Watch Video]
- Joe Manganiello Fitness Secret: Low Carb Paleo Diet and CrossFit Workout
- Demi Lovato Battled Bulimia and Negative Body Image: Turns into Role Model For Many; Her Diet and Fitness Routine
- Beyonce Reveals Snaps Of Naked Baby Bump While She Was Expecting Blue Ivy; How She Lost Her Pregnancy Weight [Watch Video]
- Ebola Response Team Killed In Cold Blood By Angry Guinea Locales
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?