Winners of two of their last three games, the Washington Redskins seemingly are starting to get it this season. A Week 8 match-up with the Denver Broncos will put that to test.
NFL: Chicago Bears at Washington Redskins
The Redskins beat the Chicago Bears, 45-41, in their last outing behind Robert Griffin III who had his best performance of the season against the Bears. The 23-year-old sophomore finished with 298 passing yards (18-of-29 completion) and 84 rushing yards (11 carries) with 2 touchdowns in that win and had a QB rating of 105.2, his highest of the year.
The Broncos, meanwhile, are coming off their first loss of the season. Peyton Manning and the Broncos lost to the Indianapolis Colts, 39-33, in Week 7 snapping their undefeated start to the season at six games. Manning had 386 passing yards with 3 touchdowns and 1 interception.
The Washington Redskins rely on their running game for most of their games ranking fourth in rushing yards per game at 141.5. Their ground game will be tested by the Broncos’ defense which is best in stifling the run limiting opponents to just 77.1 rushing yards per game (1st in the NFL).
Denver has 298 points, thus far the highest in league history through the first seven weeks of any team.
They are pegged to have another field day at home against a Washington defense that ranks 22nd in giving up passing yards (262.8) and 29th in allowing rushing yards (126.2).
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game or go to the official NFL page for more details.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Washington Redskins (+11) vs. Denver Broncos (O/U: 57.5)
Washington Redskins Trends
- Redskins are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings with Denver
- Redskins are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
- Redskins are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after a win
- Redskins are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Redskins are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 8
Denver Broncos Trends
- Broncos are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. teams with losing records
- Broncos are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- Broncos are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Broncos are 3-11 ATS in their last 14 games in October
- Broncos are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 8
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]