Evasi0n iOS 7Jailbreak Dev Withdraws Warning, Says Updating to 7.0.3 is 'Fine'
By Arlene Paredes | October 28, 2013 4:05 AM EST
An evad3r says it is "fine" for Apple device users to upgrade from iOS 7 to its latest stable iteration, version 7.0.3, released on Oct. 22.
"Potential iOS 7 jailbreakers should stay away from today's 7.0.3 for now. Too early to tell if it closes anything important for JB (jailbreak)," evad3r @musclenerd tweeted when the OS update came out.
The warning was important for Twitter users following @musclenerd and the rest of the Apple hackers, who call themselves the evad3rs. The same group developed the evasi0n iOS 6 jailbreak, which works up to version 6.1.2.
Naturally, @musclenerd came back with a follow up on the same day, to update his announcement.
"7.0.3's lock screen fixes won't impact the JB (unless Apple's holding back here, hah! (iOS 7.0.3 updates announcement)," the hacker followed up. The update was soon retweeted hundreds of times.
@iphonesteven If you've already lost the JB by upgrading to 7.x, then yep it's fine to go from 7.0.x to 7.0.3.
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) October 22, 2013
Apple Inc on Oct. 22 introduced its new tablets, the iPad Air and iPad mini 2nd generation (with Retina display). Both devices are up for release in November, and both will run on iOS 7 out of the box.
In a separate interview, evad3r @pod2g said the jailbreak developers "usually think about [imminent device releases] when we have something ready." This is considered by many as a sign that the evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak release date could fall within November - unless the jailbreak "pieces" fail to fit the new devices, somehow.
On Oct. 3, evad3r @planetbeing announced the widely trusted Apple hackers "may have all the pieces at this point." But to keep the anticipation in moderation, he added: "but not certain yet."
Millions of users have downloaded the evasi0n jailbreak for iOS 6. But a month before Apple rolled out the iOS 6.1.3 version, @planetbeing confirmed many of the exploits they used have been blocked. The hackers are singing a different tune now for iOS 7.
The iOS 7.0.3 update is available for Apple iPhone 4 and newer handset models. It has been rolled out over the air. To check if your device is on the latest OS, go to [Settings => General]. Check [About]. The iOS version you're running should be displayed there.
Evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak will be released - perhaps not as soon as many jailbreakers had hoped. But it will arrive, as implied by the hackers' tweets. Apple device users are advised against paying for jailbreak created by unknown developers.
More 'iOS 7 evasi0n Jailbreak' Features:
Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak Release After Oct. 22? Evad3r Admits iPad 5, iPad Mini 2 Consideration [READ]
Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak Release: 'We will hurry up,' Says Apple Hacker; But iOS Hacking Training First in KL [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report