Premier League: Manchester City vs. Chelsea Live Stream & Schedule – Fernando Torres against CIty
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 28, 2013 2:16 AM EST
English Premier League powerhouse Manchester City and Chelsea will face off for the first time this season on Sunday at Stamford Bridge.
Fire & Ice Collide
Coming off a 2-1 win over CSKA Moscow at the UEFA Champions League, the 2012 premier league champion is slowly finding their groove after a rough start in the season.
Manchester City has already racked up three straight victories against Everton 2-1, West Ham 3-1 and Moscow heading into their showdown with the Blues.
"Winning at West Ham and CSKA means we will go into this game with a lot more confidence," Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri told the media ahead of their showdown at Stamford Bridge via ESPN FC. "It was important we started winning away in the Premier League but we know Chelsea won't be an easy game.
Meanwhile, Chelsea has also been on a winning onslaught as of late, recording big victories at the expense of Norwich City 3-1 and Cardiff City 4-1. They also booked a 3-0 victory against Shchalke to keep them on high note heading into this weekend.
However, manager Jose Mourinho insisted that his team cannot afford to be complacent, asking his players to stick with their game plan and put 100 percent on the pitch every single match.
"We have to play our game," Mourinho said. "We are going to play our game and let's see if our game is enough to win against them.
"I just play every game the same way. We want to win. To win is good, to lose is not good. (But) in this moment, with the way the Premier League is going week after week, no result will put a team in a great situation, no result will put a team in a difficult situation," he added.
Tough League To Play
For returning Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, the English Premier League is always a tough league to play given the level of competition being presented every weekend.
"Every weekend somebody loses points. Some weekends more than one of the top teams lose points.
The league is hard, so I don't think at this stage, mid-October, one game is going to be crucial.
"We have tests every week. It's a big team, yes, it's a very good team, but every match is a test and every match is three points," the manager told ESPN FC.
Live Stream & Schedule
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate