Premier League: Manchester City vs. Chelsea Live Stream & Schedule – Fernando Torres against CIty
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 28, 2013 2:16 AM EST
English Premier League powerhouse Manchester City and Chelsea will face off for the first time this season on Sunday at Stamford Bridge.
Fire & Ice Collide
Coming off a 2-1 win over CSKA Moscow at the UEFA Champions League, the 2012 premier league champion is slowly finding their groove after a rough start in the season.
Manchester City has already racked up three straight victories against Everton 2-1, West Ham 3-1 and Moscow heading into their showdown with the Blues.
"Winning at West Ham and CSKA means we will go into this game with a lot more confidence," Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri told the media ahead of their showdown at Stamford Bridge via ESPN FC. "It was important we started winning away in the Premier League but we know Chelsea won't be an easy game.
Meanwhile, Chelsea has also been on a winning onslaught as of late, recording big victories at the expense of Norwich City 3-1 and Cardiff City 4-1. They also booked a 3-0 victory against Shchalke to keep them on high note heading into this weekend.
However, manager Jose Mourinho insisted that his team cannot afford to be complacent, asking his players to stick with their game plan and put 100 percent on the pitch every single match.
"We have to play our game," Mourinho said. "We are going to play our game and let's see if our game is enough to win against them.
"I just play every game the same way. We want to win. To win is good, to lose is not good. (But) in this moment, with the way the Premier League is going week after week, no result will put a team in a great situation, no result will put a team in a difficult situation," he added.
Tough League To Play
For returning Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, the English Premier League is always a tough league to play given the level of competition being presented every weekend.
"Every weekend somebody loses points. Some weekends more than one of the top teams lose points.
The league is hard, so I don't think at this stage, mid-October, one game is going to be crucial.
"We have tests every week. It's a big team, yes, it's a very good team, but every match is a test and every match is three points," the manager told ESPN FC.
Live Stream & Schedule
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff