Premier League: Manchester City vs. Chelsea Live Stream & Schedule – Fernando Torres against CIty
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 28, 2013 2:16 AM EST
English Premier League powerhouse Manchester City and Chelsea will face off for the first time this season on Sunday at Stamford Bridge.
Fire & Ice Collide
Coming off a 2-1 win over CSKA Moscow at the UEFA Champions League, the 2012 premier league champion is slowly finding their groove after a rough start in the season.
Manchester City has already racked up three straight victories against Everton 2-1, West Ham 3-1 and Moscow heading into their showdown with the Blues.
"Winning at West Ham and CSKA means we will go into this game with a lot more confidence," Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri told the media ahead of their showdown at Stamford Bridge via ESPN FC. "It was important we started winning away in the Premier League but we know Chelsea won't be an easy game.
Meanwhile, Chelsea has also been on a winning onslaught as of late, recording big victories at the expense of Norwich City 3-1 and Cardiff City 4-1. They also booked a 3-0 victory against Shchalke to keep them on high note heading into this weekend.
However, manager Jose Mourinho insisted that his team cannot afford to be complacent, asking his players to stick with their game plan and put 100 percent on the pitch every single match.
"We have to play our game," Mourinho said. "We are going to play our game and let's see if our game is enough to win against them.
"I just play every game the same way. We want to win. To win is good, to lose is not good. (But) in this moment, with the way the Premier League is going week after week, no result will put a team in a great situation, no result will put a team in a difficult situation," he added.
Tough League To Play
For returning Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, the English Premier League is always a tough league to play given the level of competition being presented every weekend.
"Every weekend somebody loses points. Some weekends more than one of the top teams lose points.
The league is hard, so I don't think at this stage, mid-October, one game is going to be crucial.
"We have tests every week. It's a big team, yes, it's a very good team, but every match is a test and every match is three points," the manager told ESPN FC.
Live Stream & Schedule
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28