Where to Watch Live NFL Week 8: Dallas Cowboys vs. Detroit Lions Online Streaming, Betting Trends and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 28, 2013 12:16 AM EST
The Dallas Cowboys are on their way up while the Detroit Lions are struggling as of late. They meet in Week 8 hoping that their offense can carry them to the W and both hope that their respective passing defenses hold up against a strong passing defense from their opponents.
The Cowboys’ and Lions’ offense and defense mirror each other’s strengths and weaknesses so far this season.
Dallas and Detroit is 8th (269.1) and 5th (294.7) in passing yards per game, respectively but both have struggled defensively on the air. Dallas gives up 291.9 passing yards (30th in the NFL) and Detroit allows 282.0 passing yards per game (28th).
After a good 3-1 start to the season, the Lions have lost two of three games. They lost to the Green Bay Packers, 22-to-9 in Week 5; won against the Cleveland Browns, 31-to-17 and then got beat by the Cincinnati Bengals, 27-to-24 in Week 7.
The Lions are currently at 4-3 just half a game behind the NFC North leaders Packers, which has a 4-2 card.
Dallas holds a 4-3 record too but good enough to be the leader in the NFC East. They went just 2-3 in their first 5 games but have won back-to-back games going in to the match vs. Detroit. The Cowboys defeat the Washington Redskins, 31-to-16 in Week 6 and the Philadelphia 76ers, 17-to-3 in Week 7.
The home team will rely on quarterback Matthew Stafford (2,129 passing yards and 15 touchdowns) and wide receiver Calvin Johnson (492 receiving yards with 6 TD) while the Cowboys hope to get the A-game from QB Tony Romo (2,010 passing yards and 15 TD) and WR Dez Bryant (569 receiving yards with 6 TD).
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game or go to the official NFL page for more details.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Dallas Cowboys (+3) vs. Detroit Lions (O/U: 51.0)
Dallas Cowboys Trends
- Cowboys are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Cowboys are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. NFC teams
- Cowboys are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in October
- Cowboys are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
Detroit Lions Trends
- Lions are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games in October
- Lions are 8-18 ATS in their 26 games vs. NFC teams
- Lions are 1-2 ATS and 1-2 SU in their last 3 games
- Lions are 3-1 ATS in their last four match-ups with Dallas
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone