The Dallas Cowboys are on their way up while the Detroit Lions are struggling as of late. They meet in Week 8 hoping that their offense can carry them to the W and both hope that their respective passing defenses hold up against a strong passing defense from their opponents.
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals at Detroit Lions
The Cowboys’ and Lions’ offense and defense mirror each other’s strengths and weaknesses so far this season.
Dallas and Detroit is 8th (269.1) and 5th (294.7) in passing yards per game, respectively but both have struggled defensively on the air. Dallas gives up 291.9 passing yards (30th in the NFL) and Detroit allows 282.0 passing yards per game (28th).
After a good 3-1 start to the season, the Lions have lost two of three games. They lost to the Green Bay Packers, 22-to-9 in Week 5; won against the Cleveland Browns, 31-to-17 and then got beat by the Cincinnati Bengals, 27-to-24 in Week 7.
The Lions are currently at 4-3 just half a game behind the NFC North leaders Packers, which has a 4-2 card.
Dallas holds a 4-3 record too but good enough to be the leader in the NFC East. They went just 2-3 in their first 5 games but have won back-to-back games going in to the match vs. Detroit. The Cowboys defeat the Washington Redskins, 31-to-16 in Week 6 and the Philadelphia 76ers, 17-to-3 in Week 7.
The home team will rely on quarterback Matthew Stafford (2,129 passing yards and 15 touchdowns) and wide receiver Calvin Johnson (492 receiving yards with 6 TD) while the Cowboys hope to get the A-game from QB Tony Romo (2,010 passing yards and 15 TD) and WR Dez Bryant (569 receiving yards with 6 TD).
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game or go to the official NFL page for more details.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Dallas Cowboys (+3) vs. Detroit Lions (O/U: 51.0)
Dallas Cowboys Trends
- Cowboys are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Cowboys are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. NFC teams
- Cowboys are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in October
- Cowboys are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
Detroit Lions Trends
- Lions are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games in October
- Lions are 8-18 ATS in their 26 games vs. NFC teams
- Lions are 1-2 ATS and 1-2 SU in their last 3 games
- Lions are 3-1 ATS in their last four match-ups with Dallas
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]