Where to Watch Live NFL Week 8: Dallas Cowboys vs. Detroit Lions Online Streaming, Betting Trends and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 28, 2013 12:16 AM EST
The Dallas Cowboys are on their way up while the Detroit Lions are struggling as of late. They meet in Week 8 hoping that their offense can carry them to the W and both hope that their respective passing defenses hold up against a strong passing defense from their opponents.
The Cowboys’ and Lions’ offense and defense mirror each other’s strengths and weaknesses so far this season.
Dallas and Detroit is 8th (269.1) and 5th (294.7) in passing yards per game, respectively but both have struggled defensively on the air. Dallas gives up 291.9 passing yards (30th in the NFL) and Detroit allows 282.0 passing yards per game (28th).
After a good 3-1 start to the season, the Lions have lost two of three games. They lost to the Green Bay Packers, 22-to-9 in Week 5; won against the Cleveland Browns, 31-to-17 and then got beat by the Cincinnati Bengals, 27-to-24 in Week 7.
The Lions are currently at 4-3 just half a game behind the NFC North leaders Packers, which has a 4-2 card.
Dallas holds a 4-3 record too but good enough to be the leader in the NFC East. They went just 2-3 in their first 5 games but have won back-to-back games going in to the match vs. Detroit. The Cowboys defeat the Washington Redskins, 31-to-16 in Week 6 and the Philadelphia 76ers, 17-to-3 in Week 7.
The home team will rely on quarterback Matthew Stafford (2,129 passing yards and 15 touchdowns) and wide receiver Calvin Johnson (492 receiving yards with 6 TD) while the Cowboys hope to get the A-game from QB Tony Romo (2,010 passing yards and 15 TD) and WR Dez Bryant (569 receiving yards with 6 TD).
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game or go to the official NFL page for more details.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Dallas Cowboys (+3) vs. Detroit Lions (O/U: 51.0)
Dallas Cowboys Trends
- Cowboys are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Cowboys are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. NFC teams
- Cowboys are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in October
- Cowboys are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
Detroit Lions Trends
- Lions are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games in October
- Lions are 8-18 ATS in their 26 games vs. NFC teams
- Lions are 1-2 ATS and 1-2 SU in their last 3 games
- Lions are 3-1 ATS in their last four match-ups with Dallas
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers