2013 Swiss Indoors Basel Final – Juan Martin Del Potro vs. Roger Federer Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 27, 2013 10:50 PM EST
Looking for his first ATP title in the second half of 2013, Roger Federer badly wants the title at the 2013 Swiss Indoors Basel in Switzerland. The Swiss legend have to bring his A-game, however, as he’s going up against Juan Martin Del Potro who is the defending champion in Basel.
Federer is playing with the home crowd behind him and Swiss fans hope to give the former world number one another boost similar to the energy they provided in Federer’s semifinals win over Vasek Pospisil.
That match watched by a full capacity crowd of roughly 10,000 went the full route and the 32-year-old had to go through a gut-wrenching three-setter to upend the young Canadian, 6-3, 6-7 (3), 7-5.
Federer defeated Adrian Mannarino in the opening round, 6-4, 6-2; beat Denis Istomin in the Round of 16, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2; and took care of Grigor Dimitrov in the quarterfinals, 6-3, 7-6 (2).
Meanwhile, Del Potro defeated Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the other final four pairing. The Frenchman also indulged the Argentine in a 3-set affair but fell with a score of 6-4, 4-6, 6-2.
The 25-year-old’s road to another Basel final match include wins over Henri Laaksonene (6-4,6-4) in the Round of 32 ; Marcos Baghdatis (6-1, 6-2) in the Round of 16; and Paul Henri Mathieu (6-4, 6-4) in the quarterfinals.
A championship in Basel would allow Federer to join Del Potro in the ATP World Tour Finals set in November. Del Potro is ranked 5th in the ATP world rankings, while Federer is at 6th place.
The power-hitting 6-foot-6 Argentine actually won the 2012 Swiss Indoors title at the expense of Federer whom he beat 6-4, 6-7(5), 7-6 (3) in 2012.
Federer holds the edge in career-meetings, 13-to-4, however, Del Potro has won the last two including a round-robin win at the ATP World Tour Finals in Great Britain to the tune of the 7-6(3), 4-6, 6-3, and the championsip match in Basel.
2013 Swiss Indoors Final Live Streaming and Schedule
Oct 27, 2013 (Sunday) - Australian Eastern Standard Time
11:30 pm - R. Federer (Switzerland) vs. J. Del Potro (Argentina)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia