2013 Swiss Indoors Basel Final – Juan Martin Del Potro vs. Roger Federer Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 27, 2013 10:50 PM EST
Looking for his first ATP title in the second half of 2013, Roger Federer badly wants the title at the 2013 Swiss Indoors Basel in Switzerland. The Swiss legend have to bring his A-game, however, as he’s going up against Juan Martin Del Potro who is the defending champion in Basel.
Federer is playing with the home crowd behind him and Swiss fans hope to give the former world number one another boost similar to the energy they provided in Federer’s semifinals win over Vasek Pospisil.
That match watched by a full capacity crowd of roughly 10,000 went the full route and the 32-year-old had to go through a gut-wrenching three-setter to upend the young Canadian, 6-3, 6-7 (3), 7-5.
Federer defeated Adrian Mannarino in the opening round, 6-4, 6-2; beat Denis Istomin in the Round of 16, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2; and took care of Grigor Dimitrov in the quarterfinals, 6-3, 7-6 (2).
Meanwhile, Del Potro defeated Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the other final four pairing. The Frenchman also indulged the Argentine in a 3-set affair but fell with a score of 6-4, 4-6, 6-2.
The 25-year-old’s road to another Basel final match include wins over Henri Laaksonene (6-4,6-4) in the Round of 32 ; Marcos Baghdatis (6-1, 6-2) in the Round of 16; and Paul Henri Mathieu (6-4, 6-4) in the quarterfinals.
A championship in Basel would allow Federer to join Del Potro in the ATP World Tour Finals set in November. Del Potro is ranked 5th in the ATP world rankings, while Federer is at 6th place.
The power-hitting 6-foot-6 Argentine actually won the 2012 Swiss Indoors title at the expense of Federer whom he beat 6-4, 6-7(5), 7-6 (3) in 2012.
Federer holds the edge in career-meetings, 13-to-4, however, Del Potro has won the last two including a round-robin win at the ATP World Tour Finals in Great Britain to the tune of the 7-6(3), 4-6, 6-3, and the championsip match in Basel.
2013 Swiss Indoors Final Live Streaming and Schedule
Oct 27, 2013 (Sunday) - Australian Eastern Standard Time
11:30 pm - R. Federer (Switzerland) vs. J. Del Potro (Argentina)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu