2013 Swiss Indoors Basel Final – Juan Martin Del Potro vs. Roger Federer Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 27, 2013 10:50 PM EST
Looking for his first ATP title in the second half of 2013, Roger Federer badly wants the title at the 2013 Swiss Indoors Basel in Switzerland. The Swiss legend have to bring his A-game, however, as he’s going up against Juan Martin Del Potro who is the defending champion in Basel.
Federer is playing with the home crowd behind him and Swiss fans hope to give the former world number one another boost similar to the energy they provided in Federer’s semifinals win over Vasek Pospisil.
That match watched by a full capacity crowd of roughly 10,000 went the full route and the 32-year-old had to go through a gut-wrenching three-setter to upend the young Canadian, 6-3, 6-7 (3), 7-5.
Federer defeated Adrian Mannarino in the opening round, 6-4, 6-2; beat Denis Istomin in the Round of 16, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2; and took care of Grigor Dimitrov in the quarterfinals, 6-3, 7-6 (2).
Meanwhile, Del Potro defeated Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the other final four pairing. The Frenchman also indulged the Argentine in a 3-set affair but fell with a score of 6-4, 4-6, 6-2.
The 25-year-old’s road to another Basel final match include wins over Henri Laaksonene (6-4,6-4) in the Round of 32 ; Marcos Baghdatis (6-1, 6-2) in the Round of 16; and Paul Henri Mathieu (6-4, 6-4) in the quarterfinals.
A championship in Basel would allow Federer to join Del Potro in the ATP World Tour Finals set in November. Del Potro is ranked 5th in the ATP world rankings, while Federer is at 6th place.
The power-hitting 6-foot-6 Argentine actually won the 2012 Swiss Indoors title at the expense of Federer whom he beat 6-4, 6-7(5), 7-6 (3) in 2012.
Federer holds the edge in career-meetings, 13-to-4, however, Del Potro has won the last two including a round-robin win at the ATP World Tour Finals in Great Britain to the tune of the 7-6(3), 4-6, 6-3, and the championsip match in Basel.
2013 Swiss Indoors Final Live Streaming and Schedule
Oct 27, 2013 (Sunday) - Australian Eastern Standard Time
11:30 pm - R. Federer (Switzerland) vs. J. Del Potro (Argentina)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate