Sharapova’s Candy Line ‘Sugarpova’ On Sale With Freebies Until Oct. 31
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 27, 2013 8:10 PM EST
Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova shares her sweet taste of success to her fans and followers worldwide through her premium candy line "Sugarpova."
Sugarpova is a perfect gift especially as Halloween season is fast-approaching. She is very generous to offer a 15% discount for everyone who will buy the candies.
"Things are getting spooky," Sharapova posted on Facebook Thursday. "Now until Oct. 31, buy my delicious Sugarpova for 15% off with the code FALL15, also, purchase four or more flavors and get Spooky for free," she added.
Sharapova loves sweets ever since she was a child. She used to get lollipop or candy bar after her practice. She has definitely turned her love for sweets and candies into a lucrative business.
"I have always had a sweet tooth," she said. "My earliest memory of candy is being a little girl back in Russia and asking my parents for a lollipop after a good practice," she added.
Sharapova has reportedly spent half a million dollars to set up her candy line. As described on its own Web site, Sugarpova mirrors the fun, fashionable, and sweet side of the Russian tennis hottie. It has different flavors such as Sharapova's favorite quirky, chic, sporty and smitten sour. It comes in various inviting packaging. Anyone who would see how the candies are presented will really become curious and would probably want to taste it.
The candies are sold on its Web site, Sugarpova.com, and other retailers, like Macy's in the U.S., Collette in Paris, and Selfridges in London.
The very first time that the candy was advertised in the U.S., it has shipped more than 200,000 bags in 3 months. Sharapova and her Sugarpova team even make use of the social media sites to promote the product.
"If you were to dress up like a Sugarpova flavor this year, which would it be," Sharapova posted on Facebook. "Post an image of your costume here and we'll give the best one 10 free bags of candy," she added.
Even if Sharapova doesn't compete and make money from playing tennis, she is guaranteed to still earn a lot with Sugarpova and other endorsements she have. Would you like to have a taste of Sharapova's candies?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]