Bigg Boss 7: Salman Khan vs Gauhar Khan, War of Words Escalates
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 27, 2013 5:35 PM EST
Saturday's episode of television reality show "Bigg Boss" witnessed an explosive encounter when host Salman Khan was locked into a verbal duel with contestant Gauhar Khan.
Salman, taking a stand in the Kushal-Tanisha fiasco, reprimanded Kushal for his ungentlemanly act of mistreating Tanisha, further sparking off another set of heated arguments.
Salman slammed Kushal for attacking Tanisha with personal references. As Gauhar defended Kushal's actions, Salman objected and lost his temper at her.
A sobbing Tanisha added to the drama while Gauhar fiercely voiced her opinion and even referred to Salman's partiality saying, "It dosen't matter what I say, you will only hear what Tanisha says."
The show has often seen Salman taking Tanisha's side. Even though his stance was justified to an extent when he pointed out that women were portrayed in poor light, his ignorance of the actress' previous follies could not be overlooked.
The overt reactions from Salman and the outspokenness of Gauhar evoked massive reaction over the web. Despite no film releases, Salman Khan kept trending on Twitter with hashtags, '#SalmanUnfair', '#SalmanisAlwaysFair' and.'#BB7.' Other trends were 'Gauhar', 'Tanisha' and 'Salman Khan'.
In response to the public reactions, Salman on Sunday posted a barrage of tweets justifying his actions on the show.
"You see 1 hour, I see the whole deal. Guess some of you guys may not react when someone speaks to your family's female members or women in that manner. But I do, and most of us men and women stand up against men who run them down..."
Here's a look at the varied reaction on the social networking site:
"Atleast SalmanKhan had the Guts to Stand Up For Something. He Says wat he Feels is Right, he Isnt Fake Atleast," said a Salman fan.
A countering post read, "Gauhar was Gauhargeous today, did an amazing job by not getting intimidated by Salman Khan & putting her opinion strongly. #bb7 #UnfairSalman."
"What is most disgusting is how Salman Khan entirely supports Tanisha and her ways & then talk about being fair. How so Mr. Khan?" asked another user.
But the actor's fans were strong and loud as one wrote, "Full respect to you SalmanKhan for so strongly taking up for a woman wronged! And to those on twitter who disagree....get well soon!"
It is likely that Salman's reactions to the episode are going to cause further repercussions in the house and might witness a change in the inmates' relations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change