iPhone 6 Release Date in Summer 2014, Says Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 27, 2013 4:05 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date will be next year's summer, according to an analyst.
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Muster said in his latest note to investors that Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) will release the iPhone 6 with bigger screen display next year. Mr. Munster is the latest analyst to bet that the Cupertino-based company will launch an iPhone with bigger screen. He added that the new iPhone will be launched on September 2014.
Aside from iPhone 6, he said that Apple will also release a computerized wristwatch rumoured as iWatch as well as the refreshed Apple TV that will somehow save Apple's stocks.
Gene Munster is not the first analyst who claimed that Apple will release an iPhone with larger screen size. A lot of analysts said that the upcoming Apple's smartphone will pack a larger screen. Various analysts claimed that iPhone 6 will have a larger retina screen display between 4.8 to 6 inches in size. It is speculated that the iPhone 6 will be Apple's phablet that will battle head on with other smartphone-tablet hybrid.
Aside from analysts, top businessman Donald Trump and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak also demanded that iPhone 6 should have a larger screen. America's most prominent businessmen Donald Trump also thinks that Apple should increase the size of iPhone's screen as the company is losing its footing in the smartphone market. He took his personal sentiments via Twitter.
Moreover, various concept images and renders of the next iPhone with large screens are emerging everywhere.
However, early rumours on the next iPhone 6 may have an adverse effect to the sales of the recently released iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.
On-going rumours claimed that the iPhone 6 will include new features such as a 64-bit A7 processor, M7 graphics chip, Touch ID fingerprint sensor and iOS 7. There is also the possibility that the new iPhone will pack 128GB internal storage and Near Field Communication that are lacking in the previous models.
The iPhone 6 release date is still unconfirmed but rumours suggest that the next iPhone will be released early next year, most probably in March. However, Apple has not confirmed any of the existing rumours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft