Utah Jazz Struggling To Extend Gordon Hayward’s Contract; San Antonio Spurs Waive Josh Howard
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 27, 2013 3:23 PM EST
The Utah Jazz is reportedly having trouble in offering a reasonable contract for swingman Gordon Hayward, a source close to situation reported on Saturday.
The Jazz has expressed their interest in keeping their talented small forward, but the team has so far failed to reach an agreement with the player's agent.
Utah has until October 31 to reach a deal with Hayward or else the third-year player will hit the market next summer as a restricted free agent.
According to sources, the Boston Celtics and the Phoenix Suns are very much interested to acquire Hayward if he's available.
The 23-year old Hayward averaged 14.1 points and 3.1 rebounds last season for the Jazz.
Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs have reportedly waived former NBA All-Star Josh Howard. Howard, who last played for the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, was signed to a non-guaranteed deal by the Spurs, but was released 24 hours after.
The small forward is expected to play for the Spurs' affiliated D-League team - The Austin Toros.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide