Utah Jazz Struggling To Extend Gordon Hayward’s Contract; San Antonio Spurs Waive Josh Howard
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 27, 2013 3:23 PM EST
The Utah Jazz is reportedly having trouble in offering a reasonable contract for swingman Gordon Hayward, a source close to situation reported on Saturday.
The Jazz has expressed their interest in keeping their talented small forward, but the team has so far failed to reach an agreement with the player's agent.
Utah has until October 31 to reach a deal with Hayward or else the third-year player will hit the market next summer as a restricted free agent.
According to sources, the Boston Celtics and the Phoenix Suns are very much interested to acquire Hayward if he's available.
The 23-year old Hayward averaged 14.1 points and 3.1 rebounds last season for the Jazz.
Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs have reportedly waived former NBA All-Star Josh Howard. Howard, who last played for the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, was signed to a non-guaranteed deal by the Spurs, but was released 24 hours after.
The small forward is expected to play for the Spurs' affiliated D-League team - The Austin Toros.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]