Utah Jazz Struggling To Extend Gordon Hayward’s Contract; San Antonio Spurs Waive Josh Howard
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 27, 2013 3:23 PM EST
The Utah Jazz is reportedly having trouble in offering a reasonable contract for swingman Gordon Hayward, a source close to situation reported on Saturday.
The Jazz has expressed their interest in keeping their talented small forward, but the team has so far failed to reach an agreement with the player's agent.
Utah has until October 31 to reach a deal with Hayward or else the third-year player will hit the market next summer as a restricted free agent.
According to sources, the Boston Celtics and the Phoenix Suns are very much interested to acquire Hayward if he's available.
The 23-year old Hayward averaged 14.1 points and 3.1 rebounds last season for the Jazz.
Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs have reportedly waived former NBA All-Star Josh Howard. Howard, who last played for the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, was signed to a non-guaranteed deal by the Spurs, but was released 24 hours after.
The small forward is expected to play for the Spurs' affiliated D-League team - The Austin Toros.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’