Utah Jazz Struggling To Extend Gordon Hayward’s Contract; San Antonio Spurs Waive Josh Howard
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 27, 2013 3:23 PM EST
The Utah Jazz is reportedly having trouble in offering a reasonable contract for swingman Gordon Hayward, a source close to situation reported on Saturday.
The Jazz has expressed their interest in keeping their talented small forward, but the team has so far failed to reach an agreement with the player's agent.
Utah has until October 31 to reach a deal with Hayward or else the third-year player will hit the market next summer as a restricted free agent.
According to sources, the Boston Celtics and the Phoenix Suns are very much interested to acquire Hayward if he's available.
The 23-year old Hayward averaged 14.1 points and 3.1 rebounds last season for the Jazz.
Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs have reportedly waived former NBA All-Star Josh Howard. Howard, who last played for the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, was signed to a non-guaranteed deal by the Spurs, but was released 24 hours after.
The small forward is expected to play for the Spurs' affiliated D-League team - The Austin Toros.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery