Oct 31 Release Date for LG Nexus 5 Confirmed as Fresh Image of KitKat 4.4 Device Leaked?
By Erik Pineda | October 27, 2013 2:45 PM EST
Google has geared up the LG Nexus 5 for release date on Oct 31, new reports said, and the schedule seems to gain more traction as the KitKat 4.4 handset is again visualised thanks to a newly-leaked picture.
The Google hero smartphone was first expected to debut Oct 24 but it turned out the media event was more of hyping the new interface and features of the Play Store, which the tech giant has upgraded to version 4.4.
With the Nexus 5 skipping Google's night gathering, the mystery on when exactly it is coming out dragged on. Thankfully, a Canadian blog site offered something for Android fans to hold on to.
According to CNET, pointing to Canada's Mobile Syrup, Google intends to launch the Nexus 4 replacement on Halloween in North America and the actual release date will follow a week after.
The same report indicated that Canadians will first get the iPhone 5S rival, specifically subscribers of the country's major telcos. Among the networks named are TELUS, Rogers, Bell and Virgin Mobile.
Yet the report provided no solid details and as expected Google remains silent on the matter.
Then came popular gadget leaker @evleaks with his regular servings of advanced images for upcoming gadget toys, this time alluding to what looked like as a new Nexus 5 press shot. Click here to view the picture.
What was released via Twitter largely supported the earlier Nexus 5 images, that it is a fairly large-screen mobile phone to slug it out with the leading phablets out there and it is definitely coming out of LG's production lines.
But @evleaks' lips are pretty much sealed when it comes to specs and features save for baring the fact that the handset is flashing an Android UI that everyone expects is the 4.4 build of Google's mobile OS or KitKat.
Nonetheless, the press image points to a new hope that the Nexus 5 is likely hitting the market anytime starting on Oct 28, Phandroid said in a report, positioning it for a grand release three days after or Oct 31.
As for the question "What stuff the Nexus 5 is made of?" If indeed LG is its maker, then it should show off most of the features that the South Korean device maker has previously displayed via the LG G2.
It should have a powerhouse combo of a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU with 2GB/3GB or RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU, the latter according to earlier reports will make the Nexus 5 a cut above the rest.
The device will also be a shooter's delight with a 13MP rear cam plus a choice of 16GB or 32GB for the internal memory. Battery hours is also supposed to be extended from the 2012 model with the Nexus boasting of a 2700mAh pack.
So from Oct 28 through Nov 1, the Android world will be anxiously anticipating the Nexus 5 release date, which is likely to break out anytime within the five-day stretch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family