Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Lionel Messi, Who is the Better Footballer?
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 26, 2013 11:02 PM EST
One of the most anticipated games in World Soccer happens on Saturday at the Nou Camp. Cristiano Ronaldo and the rest of Real Madrid team will face Barcelona in one of the football's oldest clashes, El Clasico, in history.
It should be a football match to enjoy as there are a lot of new faces to look forward to. The two football clubs have new managers, Carlo Ancelloti and Gerardo Martino for Real and Barca, respectively. Not to mention, superstar Gareth Bale will have a taste of his first-ever El Clasico match.
What is more?
Well, the match just doesn't come bigger than Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. It will be thrilling to witness how the two footballers will outshine each other. Ronaldo and Messi are guaranteed to steal the show when they prepare to fight and compete on their every move.
The question is - who is the better footballer among the two? In statistical terms, there is no doubt that the feats of Ronaldo are bluntly astonishing. Ronaldo has a notable record of 216 goals in 211 games he played. He moved to Real in 2009 and only after four seasons, Ronaldo is already ranked fifth in the club's top goal scorers of all time.
Messi, on the other hand, is extremely phenomenal. His ball control and swiftness make the lives of his opponents difficult.
During the 2012-2013 season, Messi has scored 75 goals compared to Ronaldo's 62 goals. Messi has 16 assists and Ronaldo has 14. In terms of their respective teams' El Clasico performance, Real has won 3 times, while Barcelona only won once.
Without a doubt, Ronaldo and Messi have amazing power and excellence while playing in the field. It is hard to really make a comparison because these two athletes have their own expertise and football talent. Their achievements are spectacular, and only the fans of Ronaldo and Messi are the ones who can really decide who of the two footballers is the best.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales