LG Nexus 5 Coming to U.S. in October 31, Canada on November 7 and 8: 5 Things to Expect
By Ryan Inoyori | October 26, 2013 10:17 PM EST
LG Nexus 5 will likely break silence on October 31, 2013 as launching in the United States and Canada. Know the expectations during the launching date of Nexus 5 before October ends.
United States Launching
Rumours boiled that October 28 is the official announcement date of LG Nexus 5 and somewhat supported by the recent leak of the new smartphone on Google Play Store. But new reports revealed that Nexus 5 is coming to United States market by October 31, 2013 and expected to become available in majority of U.S. network carriers such as AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon in addition to pre-orders from Google Play Store.
Canadian Release Date
New reports of October 31 Nexus 5 launching date originated in Canada and it reveals that Google Play Store support online purchase just like with LG Nexus 4. Canadian buyers may expect the new Nexus smartphone to arrive in their territory by November 7 or 8.
Recently, a Nexus 5 variant leaked out and it includes the logo of Telus - a Canadian network carrier. Due to this image, new reports from Canada may have pointed a probably launching and release date of Nexus 5 in their country - at least something to look forward.
Nexus 5 smartphone will also be available to Rogers, Bell, Koodo and Virgin Mobile.
Android 4.4 KitKat Arrives
Of course Nexus 5 won't be alone and will appear with Android 4.4 KitKat. October 28 could be the 'real deal' if the new reports of 'end of the month' market release date is true. We can expect a Google event or something similar with the launching of the company's new operating system versions running on the next-generation Nexus smartphone.
Android 4.4 KitKat features optimised system on older devices, better CPU core support, improved system performance, smoother UI and touch response and various enhancements to the ecosystem.
Nexuses Getting Updates Soon
Don't forget that LG Nexus 4 will get Android 4.4 KitKat within a week or two after Nexus has been launched. Nexus device exclusive trait allows owners to immediately get software updates and this time, Android 4.4 KitKat brings all-new user interface and features to the previous Google flagship smartphone for free.
Aside from Nexus 4, owners of Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 10 and two generations of Nexus 7 are all eligible to get software updates soon after Nexus 5 release.
New Apps and Services
Google has been busy updating most of their applications and services to impart Android 4.4 KitKat influence to most Android running devices. Screenshots of the KitKat OS UI was revealed recently and it includes several new functions for devices running the latest Android version.
1. Cloud Printing enabled
2. Wireless payment via NFC
3. Hangouts as optional SMS and MMS integrated messaging client
4. Google Drive and Keep becomes native applications
5. All new services from Play Store such as Books and Game Centre
6. Updates on Android Jelly Bean features
7. New UI and functions on the camera, messaging, system and more
Google and LG didn't confirm any announcements and any information about network carriers in United States and Canada providing availability of Nexus 5. However, the company aims to bring the new Nexus smartphone to as many markets as possible.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation