Sources claim that the Samsung Galaxy S5 new chipset called Exynos 6 with 64-bit support is almost complete and ready for mass production in March or April 2014. Exynos 6 with 64-bit support has eight-cores that functions simultaneously.
Exynos 6 Chipset with 64-Bit Almost Done
New reports from South Korea revealed that Samsung is almost done completing its development of the new Exynos 6 chipset set for the Galaxy S5 due in 2014. According to the reports, Exynos 6 supports 64-bit to double up processing speed on the 2014 Android flagship smartphone of Samsung.
It features eight CPU cores which functions simultaneously - ARM Cortex A53 and A57 cores. Exynos 6 also sports better performance compared to Exynos 5420:
1. About 50 per cent power consumption to operate
2. Reduced heat generation due to low power consumption
3. 64-bit processing speed for improved data transfer and system performance
Exynos 6 will compete directly to Qualcomm's upcoming chipset lines on January 2014 and expected to be adopted by majority of flagship devices produced by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Updates
Fans of Samsung devices can expect the Galaxy S5 to become a killer smartphone of 2014 and features greatly improved hardware, software and design compared to the Galaxy S4.
New reports revealed that Galaxy S5 may not use metallic or premium materials but instead, plastic and leather components. Samsung plans to open a new line of devices called 'Galaxy F' that will carry premiums components as primary materials.
However, Galaxy S5 remains to boast several major changes which Galaxy S4 failed to deliver on carrying Galaxy S3 legacy.
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- Exynos 6 octa-core chipset with 64-bit support
- 16MP camera with optical image stabilisation, zero shutter lag and ISOCELL sensor
- 3GB Ultra-slim, low-powered RAM chipset
- Larger but slimmer battery pack with 4000 mAh rating
- Eye scanning technology
- Design 3.0 scheme from Samsung
- Magnetic Resonance wireless charging technology
- Narrower screen bezel with higher pixel density
Samsung Galaxy S5 has been rumoured to be launched in January 2014 but new reports pushes the date for as late as March to April next year which follows the same timeline of Galaxy S4 launching date.
To contact the editor, e-mail: