Sony's upcoming next-generation video game console PlayStation 4 will release a day one patch, providing fixes for a number of issues.
However, the patch will not include the sleep mode, while a mobile app will also be launched before the console release.
The patch is about 300MB in size and will be a necessary download for the better functionality of the console. Sony has also announced that it will launch PlayStation App prior to the console launch, through a press release.
Sony has promised the following features in its Update 1.50:
- Remote Play using the PlayStation Vita over Wi-Fi networks.
- Second screen gaming using the PlayStation 4 Link app for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation App for iPhone, iPad, and Android based smartphones.
- The ability to record and share screenshots and video on Facebook and Twitter (North America users only).
- Players can use of Ustream and Twitch apps to broadcast their gameplay in real-time. Players with PlayStation Camera can stream camera images and microphone sounds.
- The ability to play games as they are downloading. Even in stand-by mode games can be downloaded.
- About four users can log into the PlayStation 4 simultaneously.
- Party chat feature will allow chatting with up to eight users on different games and applications. Chat between PS4 and PS Vita system users is also possible.
- Facial recognition can be used for system login and voice commands can be used for navigation of PlayStation 4 home screen.
- A cloud-based digital music service allows users to play music on the background while enjoying the game.
- PlayStation Plus will get to play online multiplayer.
- PlayStation 4 will allow Blu-ray disc and DVD video contents to play.
Players will not be able to put the PlayStation 4 in suspend/resume mode; a feature that puts the console in low-power sleep state and resume when users return.
PlayStation 4 is slated to launch on 15 November in U.S. and 29 November in Europe.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: