Google Nexus Devices Top 2 Tech Web Sites' List of Best Tablets (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 26, 2013 8:45 PM EST
While all tech eyes are on the newly launched iPad Air and iPad Mini tablet of Apple, reality is there would be Apple fans and non-fans. The bigger number of tablet users, because of the sheer number of available models, are those run by Android OS.
In the Android world, Google Nexus devices reign, based on the recently listing of two tech Web site wherein the Google Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 topped the list of best tablets.
First stop is CNET in which the Google Nexus 7 leads the list of top 5 Android tablets that represent the highest quality of tablets using the free OS, although Samsung devices also prominently made it to the list.
Here is the complete list and some details why CNET selected these tablets.
- Google Nexus 7 (16GB) - Priced between $229 and $265.21, this tablet is noted for its stellar performance and affordable price. It got 4 stars in the Web site's review.
- Google Nexus 10 - For $399, buyers would enjoy the Nexus 10's superior design and swift performance.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.2 (2014 edition, 16GB, Wi-fi, white) - The selling point of this tablet is the improved S Pen that makes it worth the higher price tag between $545.99 and $558.95.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8-inch, gold-brown) - Priced between $279 and $326.99, this tablet is the best non-Note tablet from the South Korean tech giant.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (white) - This device is recommended for artists or prefers pen input because of its very useful styles, with price ranging from $329.99 to $429.99.
The second list is the fall edition of TechSpot which listed also five full-sized tablets. The list includes those run by iOS and Windows OS. Here are the top 5, listed according to their metascore, although two of the tablets on the list didn't have any metascore.
- Google Nexus 10 (85) - The device uses the Samsung Exynos 5250 chip and is powered by a dual, 1700 MHz, ARM Cortex-A15 CPU, with a 2GB RAM. Its screen is 10.10ubc PLS with a resolution of 2560x1600 ppi. Price is from $345 to $400.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (77) - Priced from $549 to $600, the table has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip and quad-core 2,300 MHz, Krait 400 CPU on a 10.1-inch Super Clear LCD display with a resolution of 2570x1600 ppi and 3GB RAM.
- Microsoft Surface 2 Pro (77) - This newly launched device has the highest price tag between $899 and $1,799, which is pretty high considering its lower specs made up of the Intel Haswell chip, dual-core 1600MHz, Intel Core i5 4200U CPU, 10.6-inch IPS LCD screen with 1920x1080 ppi. However, it offers a higher RAM of 4GB.
- Apple iPad Air - Its price is from $499 to $929 and would still be available by Nov 1, so this tablet doesn't have yet a metascore. What is know is it has the Apple A7 chip and dual-core 1300MHz, 64-bit CPU in 9.7-inch of IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 2058x1536ppi.
- Nokia Lumia 2520 - Priced at $499, it would be available in store by Q4 of 2013; thus, like the iPad Air, it doesn't have a metascore yet. Known specs are the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip, quad-core 2200MHz, Krail 400 CPU, 10.1-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1920x1080 ppi and a 2GB RAM.
The Google Nexus and Samsung tablet both run on Android 4.3, the iPad Air on iOS 7, while the Surface 2 Pro and the Nokia Lumia tablets have the Windows 8.1 and RT 8.1 OS, respectively.
In the 7- and 8-inch category, Techspot listed the Apple iPad mini Retina display, Google Nexus 7, Acer Iconia W4, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and Kindle Fire HDX 7.
The Web site reminds tablet hunters that while it would be easy to pick one based solely on specs or price, buying a device include buying into its ecosystem. Hence, "the fastest processor or sharpest screen are worthless if you can't use them for the things you want."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan