Google Nexus Devices Top 2 Tech Web Sites' List of Best Tablets (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 26, 2013 8:45 PM EST
While all tech eyes are on the newly launched iPad Air and iPad Mini tablet of Apple, reality is there would be Apple fans and non-fans. The bigger number of tablet users, because of the sheer number of available models, are those run by Android OS.
In the Android world, Google Nexus devices reign, based on the recently listing of two tech Web site wherein the Google Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 topped the list of best tablets.
First stop is CNET in which the Google Nexus 7 leads the list of top 5 Android tablets that represent the highest quality of tablets using the free OS, although Samsung devices also prominently made it to the list.
Here is the complete list and some details why CNET selected these tablets.
- Google Nexus 7 (16GB) - Priced between $229 and $265.21, this tablet is noted for its stellar performance and affordable price. It got 4 stars in the Web site's review.
- Google Nexus 10 - For $399, buyers would enjoy the Nexus 10's superior design and swift performance.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.2 (2014 edition, 16GB, Wi-fi, white) - The selling point of this tablet is the improved S Pen that makes it worth the higher price tag between $545.99 and $558.95.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8-inch, gold-brown) - Priced between $279 and $326.99, this tablet is the best non-Note tablet from the South Korean tech giant.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (white) - This device is recommended for artists or prefers pen input because of its very useful styles, with price ranging from $329.99 to $429.99.
The second list is the fall edition of TechSpot which listed also five full-sized tablets. The list includes those run by iOS and Windows OS. Here are the top 5, listed according to their metascore, although two of the tablets on the list didn't have any metascore.
- Google Nexus 10 (85) - The device uses the Samsung Exynos 5250 chip and is powered by a dual, 1700 MHz, ARM Cortex-A15 CPU, with a 2GB RAM. Its screen is 10.10ubc PLS with a resolution of 2560x1600 ppi. Price is from $345 to $400.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (77) - Priced from $549 to $600, the table has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip and quad-core 2,300 MHz, Krait 400 CPU on a 10.1-inch Super Clear LCD display with a resolution of 2570x1600 ppi and 3GB RAM.
- Microsoft Surface 2 Pro (77) - This newly launched device has the highest price tag between $899 and $1,799, which is pretty high considering its lower specs made up of the Intel Haswell chip, dual-core 1600MHz, Intel Core i5 4200U CPU, 10.6-inch IPS LCD screen with 1920x1080 ppi. However, it offers a higher RAM of 4GB.
- Apple iPad Air - Its price is from $499 to $929 and would still be available by Nov 1, so this tablet doesn't have yet a metascore. What is know is it has the Apple A7 chip and dual-core 1300MHz, 64-bit CPU in 9.7-inch of IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 2058x1536ppi.
- Nokia Lumia 2520 - Priced at $499, it would be available in store by Q4 of 2013; thus, like the iPad Air, it doesn't have a metascore yet. Known specs are the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip, quad-core 2200MHz, Krail 400 CPU, 10.1-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1920x1080 ppi and a 2GB RAM.
The Google Nexus and Samsung tablet both run on Android 4.3, the iPad Air on iOS 7, while the Surface 2 Pro and the Nokia Lumia tablets have the Windows 8.1 and RT 8.1 OS, respectively.
In the 7- and 8-inch category, Techspot listed the Apple iPad mini Retina display, Google Nexus 7, Acer Iconia W4, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and Kindle Fire HDX 7.
The Web site reminds tablet hunters that while it would be easy to pick one based solely on specs or price, buying a device include buying into its ecosystem. Hence, "the fastest processor or sharpest screen are worthless if you can't use them for the things you want."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pizza Hut Australia Sorry for Victoria Branch’s ‘Free Small Animal’ Campaign
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet