Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Arrives to Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 in Germany, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore with 14 New Features
By Ryan Inoyori | October 26, 2013 3:00 PM EST
The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 is now arriving in Germany, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore. It features several changes, improvements and enhancements to the device. Here are the top features and procedures how to install the newest firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 with Android 4.3
Other regions which didn't get the update immediately, will receive the XXUEMJ5 build version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware from Samsung to owners located in Germany and some in Asia.
- Philippines: SMART Communications
- Singapore: Open, Singtel, StarHub
Here are the top changes brought by the new firmware update for owners of GT-I9505 in the selected regions above:
1. Android 4.3 OS features
2. Galaxy Gear support
3. TRIM with Android 4.3 support to boost performance
4. Improved RAM management
5. Samsung Knox Security Suite included
6. Better colour reproduction for sharper display
7. Updated Samsung virtual keyboard
8. New Samsung browser including tab changes and UI
9. New Camera application
10. Tweaks on several apps, widgets and dialog boxes
11. Improvements on the TouchWiz UI and launcher
12. Reading mode feature updated for optimised reading
13. Samsung Wallet is now a native app
14. ANT+ support enabled
Owners of the other Samsung Galaxy S4 variant, GT-I9500 is expected to get the same updates soon.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 with Official Android 4.3
Normally, the firmware arrives via Firmware Over-the-Air or FOTA which can be accessed by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check updates. If an update is available, you are going to see a prompt indicating the size, features and procedure to do it.
Make sure to backup the contents of your smartphone, connect to a stable Wi-Fi and plug in the device to its AC power to avoid any technical issues during the update. Never interrupt the installation or the firmware may become corrupted.
As an alternative, you can use the Samsung Kies PC Suite installed on your computer if FOTA is not working. Get the software from the Samsung Web site and download the installer. Once you have installed the Kies, plug in your smartphone and wait for the prompt. Follow the instructions provided to you by the software.
If you cannot wait for the push update from the procedure above, you may want to manually flash the firmware to your smartphone. However, if it risky and requires some advance knowledge to perform it.
It is recommended to get the update from FOTA or Samsung Kies than manual installation as it may damage your device or erase any existing warranty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide