Washington Redskins Tight End Jordan Reed “The Next Aaron Hernandez”
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 26, 2013 1:37 PM EST
Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed is showing stark resemblance to ex-New England Patriots' football player Aaron Hernandez, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworksi said.
Jaworksi said Reed will be the next dominant tight end in the NFL, following the footsteps of another former Florida Gators standout in Hernandez.
The guy will be sensational," Jaworski said, per ESPN.com. "He's one of the guys that jumps off the tape at you. I like to use the word 'flash.' We saw a little bit of it earlier this season but clearly against Chicago I saw a lot more of it.
"We were talking here, he reminded us on the field of an Aaron Hernandez," Jaworski said. "He has that kind of wide receiver movement for a big guy. This guy is going to scare the hell out of defenses. They can't load up the box when you have the ability to get him down the field matched against linebackers and safeties. That's a mismatch. He has a chance to be really good. We talk about splash plays; the splash plays against Chicago came from him."
Reed has already recorded 26 receptions for 298 yards with two TD passes over five games with the Redskins. On the other hand, Hernandez caught 175 passes for 1,956 yards with 18 TDs over three seasons with the Patriots. However, everything went downhill for Hernandez after he was indicted for the murder of Odin Lloyd.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change