Washington Redskins Tight End Jordan Reed “The Next Aaron Hernandez”
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 26, 2013 1:37 PM EST
Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed is showing stark resemblance to ex-New England Patriots' football player Aaron Hernandez, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworksi said.
Jaworksi said Reed will be the next dominant tight end in the NFL, following the footsteps of another former Florida Gators standout in Hernandez.
The guy will be sensational," Jaworski said, per ESPN.com. "He's one of the guys that jumps off the tape at you. I like to use the word 'flash.' We saw a little bit of it earlier this season but clearly against Chicago I saw a lot more of it.
"We were talking here, he reminded us on the field of an Aaron Hernandez," Jaworski said. "He has that kind of wide receiver movement for a big guy. This guy is going to scare the hell out of defenses. They can't load up the box when you have the ability to get him down the field matched against linebackers and safeties. That's a mismatch. He has a chance to be really good. We talk about splash plays; the splash plays against Chicago came from him."
Reed has already recorded 26 receptions for 298 yards with two TD passes over five games with the Redskins. On the other hand, Hernandez caught 175 passes for 1,956 yards with 18 TDs over three seasons with the Patriots. However, everything went downhill for Hernandez after he was indicted for the murder of Odin Lloyd.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date