Washington Redskins Tight End Jordan Reed “The Next Aaron Hernandez”
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 26, 2013 1:37 PM EST
Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed is showing stark resemblance to ex-New England Patriots' football player Aaron Hernandez, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworksi said.
Jaworksi said Reed will be the next dominant tight end in the NFL, following the footsteps of another former Florida Gators standout in Hernandez.
The guy will be sensational," Jaworski said, per ESPN.com. "He's one of the guys that jumps off the tape at you. I like to use the word 'flash.' We saw a little bit of it earlier this season but clearly against Chicago I saw a lot more of it.
"We were talking here, he reminded us on the field of an Aaron Hernandez," Jaworski said. "He has that kind of wide receiver movement for a big guy. This guy is going to scare the hell out of defenses. They can't load up the box when you have the ability to get him down the field matched against linebackers and safeties. That's a mismatch. He has a chance to be really good. We talk about splash plays; the splash plays against Chicago came from him."
Reed has already recorded 26 receptions for 298 yards with two TD passes over five games with the Redskins. On the other hand, Hernandez caught 175 passes for 1,956 yards with 18 TDs over three seasons with the Patriots. However, everything went downhill for Hernandez after he was indicted for the murder of Odin Lloyd.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More