Google Nexus 5 Release Date Now Points to October 31
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 26, 2013 12:29 PM EST
According to reports, Google Nexus 5 will be launched Oct. 31 and the device will be out in the market Nov. 8 through different carriers.
The release of the next Nexus 5 smartphone is speculated later this month after it was gone in action in the recent Google event in New York. Tech web site MobileSyrup cited unnamed sources who leaked the Google Nexus 5 will arrive in Google Play on Oct. 31 and will be readily sold in various networks a week after.
Google Nexus 5 appeared in an eBay listing this week sold for a much higher price. The 16GB and 32GB variants cost $600 and $650, respectively.
In the eBay listing, the same photo of Google Nexus 5 mysteriously appeared in Google Play Store last week where it was posted beside the Nexus 7 2 and Nexus 10. The posting said Nexus 5 will cost $349 for the 16GB variant while the 32GB variant will cost $399. Google now pulled out the image from the Google Play Store.
Rumors noted the new smartphone features include a quad core Snapdragon 800 processor chip at 2.3 GHz and a 5-inch display with 1,080 x 1,920 resolution using Corning Gorilla Glass 3 technology.
Users can now take photos through back and front cameras that may be 8 and 1.2 MP, respectively. The device may also pack 2 or 3 GB of RAM, 2,300 mAh battery and the Adreno 330 GPU. One of its most anticipated features is the pre-installed Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Some reports claimed that Google will offer a LG Nexus 4 with LTE capabilities. Google has not yet commented on the rumors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy