Fifty Shades of Grey: Robert Pattinson Too Busy To Play Christian Grey
By Dipty Nair | October 25, 2013 11:24 PM EST
Hollywood heartthrob Robert Pattinson had apparently turned down the role of Christian Grey, which was eventually taken up by Jamie Dornan. Pattinson's most famous role of his career, Edward Cullen of Twilight was apparently the inspiration for Christian Grey of Fifty shades of Grey.
"The real reason Rob turned down 50 Shades of Grey is that it just doesn't fit his work schedule. He read the script and was more than flattered when he was offered the role, but he is already committed to like three other films. It had nothing to do with the film somehow prolonging his sex status Twilight image," a source close to Pattinson told Hollywoodlife.com.
Rumours were doing the rounds that Pattinson might take up the role after he invited Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James to a party at his house in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, author Jackie Collins had stated that the producers were having a hard time finding a replacement for Charlie Hunnam after his exit from Fifty Shades of Grey.
"The inside story is they can't find an actor to play the role - because every actor in Hollywood has turned it down," Collins, who made her name writing erotic novels told an Australian radio station.
Hunnam had cited date problems and opted out of the role.
Fifty Shades of Grey will be released on August 1, 2014. British visual artist and film-maker Sam Taylor-Johnson will be directing a script written by Kelly Marcel. Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca (producers of Oscar-winningThe Social Network) will work behind the scenes.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan