Fifty Shades of Grey: Robert Pattinson Too Busy To Play Christian Grey
By Dipty Nair | October 25, 2013 11:24 PM EST
Hollywood heartthrob Robert Pattinson had apparently turned down the role of Christian Grey, which was eventually taken up by Jamie Dornan. Pattinson's most famous role of his career, Edward Cullen of Twilight was apparently the inspiration for Christian Grey of Fifty shades of Grey.
"The real reason Rob turned down 50 Shades of Grey is that it just doesn't fit his work schedule. He read the script and was more than flattered when he was offered the role, but he is already committed to like three other films. It had nothing to do with the film somehow prolonging his sex status Twilight image," a source close to Pattinson told Hollywoodlife.com.
Rumours were doing the rounds that Pattinson might take up the role after he invited Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James to a party at his house in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, author Jackie Collins had stated that the producers were having a hard time finding a replacement for Charlie Hunnam after his exit from Fifty Shades of Grey.
"The inside story is they can't find an actor to play the role - because every actor in Hollywood has turned it down," Collins, who made her name writing erotic novels told an Australian radio station.
Hunnam had cited date problems and opted out of the role.
Fifty Shades of Grey will be released on August 1, 2014. British visual artist and film-maker Sam Taylor-Johnson will be directing a script written by Kelly Marcel. Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca (producers of Oscar-winningThe Social Network) will work behind the scenes.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies