For those who are not familiar with the Nuzlocke challenge, this is a set of rules that aim to increase the level of difficulty of the Pokemon game. There are basic rules that can be followed, but essentially, the gamers can list down which kinds of rules they are following in the Nuzlocke challenge.
A blind Nuzlocke challenge has been taken on by the ProJared, where he follows a couple of rules for the Nuzlocke, as posted on Player Essence.
- Catch the first Pokemon in each area, and any Pokemon that escapes or faints is already a lost one for that area. This rule comes with a duplicates clause, so you can't catch something that you already have.
- Once a Pokemon faints, it's already dead and should be released--so no revivals or exceptions.
- No healing items may be used during battles.
- Blind playthrough--so you cannot check out spoilers before trying it out.
- Battle style will be changed from switch to set.
Check out the first part of ProJared's video of his Blind Nuzlocke, or try it out for yourself following the rules that he imposed.
Join the "Pokemon X and Y" tournament
Recently announced on the official "Pokemon X and Y" Facebook is the new tournament for the new game, and the rules have already been released. First off, is that the battles will be held for 10 minutes for each one, with the winner being the one who has more Pokemons.
You are only allowed two disconnections during the game, and any more will merit a disqualifaction. No Mega Evolutions are allowed for the "Pokemon X and Y" tournament, as these will only be allowed during the Christmas X and Y tournament.
In lieu of the Halloween, an added rule is that the "Pokemon X and Y" tournament will require you to have a Ghost type Pokemon.
For instance, there is the power plant in Lumiose Badlands, where only one of four entrances to the facilities can be unlocked throughout the game. Considering that each entrance requires a pass, it would be great if Game Freak decides to create more content that will unlock a surprise in the power plant. The speculation is that there may be a trio waiting behind the locked doors.
There is also a talk of new region that's still hidden in the "Pokemon X and Y" game. It is said to be located in the Kalos, where a supposedly unbelievable facility awaits and will be seen "in due time."