‘Titanic II’ Movie to be Filmed Soon: Will Kate Winslet or Leonardo DiCaprio Appear in It?
By Janice Somosot | October 25, 2013 1:14 PM EST
Good news, "Titanic" fans! It seems there will finally be a "Titanic II" movie to be filmed soon. Of course, the immediate question that comes to mind is, will Kate Winslet or Leonardo Dicaprio appear in it?
A lot of people who have watched the "Titanic" film starring Winslet and Dicaprio know that at the end of the movie, Jack, who was played by Dicaprio, died while waiting to be rescued. However, Kate's character, Rose, was able to survive the tragic sinking of the Titanic ship.
Despite the unhappy ending, Jack and Rose are two of the most memorable characters in film history and their love story captivated the world, earning them millions of fans.
That's why a lot of hardcore fans want a sequel to the film, and most of them still want Dicaprio to appear in it, even if Jack already died in the original film.
But, Titanic II owner Clive Palmer, who is also the owner of Mineralogy mining company, has other plans for the film.
Apparently, he wants to see himself in it!
Palmer, who also owns Palmer Pictures, is planning to make a movie about Titanic II, a replica of the RMS Titanic ship that sank on April 15, 1912 in the North Atlantic Ocean. He signed a memorandum of understanding with CSC Jinling Shipyard to construct the ship. It will be built in China and he plans to finish it by late 2016. He said that he wants to recreate the voyage of the original Titanic ship. After the construction of the ship, Palmer plans to sail from Shanghai to Southampton in 2016. In 2017, he plans to sail it commercially from Southampton to New York.
That will be the basis of the film's story, which Palmer envisions to be a romantic drama. Reports say that a script is already being made.
"It will be a love story," said Palmer.
No word yet on the cast, but Palmer claims that a lot of Hollywood actors have hinted on their interest to be part of the film.
And, Palmer is keen on making a cameo appearance in the film, which he plans to shoot aboard his ship.
"I could be in a deckchair having a drink."
He even tweeted this message on his Twitter account:
Unfortunately, Palmer didn't say whether Kate Winslet or Leonardo Dicaprio will also be in "Titanic II." He just said that it's going to be better than the 1997 movie directed by James Cameron.
"Titanic II's" premiere will reportedly be in 2017, in time for the ship's planned voyage from Southampton to New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage