‘Titanic II’ Movie to be Filmed Soon: Will Kate Winslet or Leonardo DiCaprio Appear in It?
By Janice Somosot | October 25, 2013 1:14 PM EST
Good news, "Titanic" fans! It seems there will finally be a "Titanic II" movie to be filmed soon. Of course, the immediate question that comes to mind is, will Kate Winslet or Leonardo Dicaprio appear in it?
A lot of people who have watched the "Titanic" film starring Winslet and Dicaprio know that at the end of the movie, Jack, who was played by Dicaprio, died while waiting to be rescued. However, Kate's character, Rose, was able to survive the tragic sinking of the Titanic ship.
Despite the unhappy ending, Jack and Rose are two of the most memorable characters in film history and their love story captivated the world, earning them millions of fans.
That's why a lot of hardcore fans want a sequel to the film, and most of them still want Dicaprio to appear in it, even if Jack already died in the original film.
But, Titanic II owner Clive Palmer, who is also the owner of Mineralogy mining company, has other plans for the film.
Apparently, he wants to see himself in it!
Palmer, who also owns Palmer Pictures, is planning to make a movie about Titanic II, a replica of the RMS Titanic ship that sank on April 15, 1912 in the North Atlantic Ocean. He signed a memorandum of understanding with CSC Jinling Shipyard to construct the ship. It will be built in China and he plans to finish it by late 2016. He said that he wants to recreate the voyage of the original Titanic ship. After the construction of the ship, Palmer plans to sail from Shanghai to Southampton in 2016. In 2017, he plans to sail it commercially from Southampton to New York.
That will be the basis of the film's story, which Palmer envisions to be a romantic drama. Reports say that a script is already being made.
"It will be a love story," said Palmer.
No word yet on the cast, but Palmer claims that a lot of Hollywood actors have hinted on their interest to be part of the film.
And, Palmer is keen on making a cameo appearance in the film, which he plans to shoot aboard his ship.
"I could be in a deckchair having a drink."
He even tweeted this message on his Twitter account:
Unfortunately, Palmer didn't say whether Kate Winslet or Leonardo Dicaprio will also be in "Titanic II." He just said that it's going to be better than the 1997 movie directed by James Cameron.
"Titanic II's" premiere will reportedly be in 2017, in time for the ship's planned voyage from Southampton to New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga