Miss Diva 2013 Manasi Moghe arrived in Moscow, Russia, on Thursday along with the other contestants for the Miss Universe 2013 pageant.
After winning the Miss Diva contest, Manasi is now aiming to bring the Miss Universe crown to India after 13 years.
"I'll try to deliver my best throughout the journey of Miss Universe and will give my 100% effort for all the sub titles in the pageant. Rest all I leave it on the almighty to decide," she told Indiatimes.com.
Manasi posted a photo on her Facebook account after reaching Moscow. She is the 50th Indian contestant who will participate in the Miss Universe competition.
The 22-year-old was born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and moved to Nagpur to study engineering.
She was declared the Miss Diva winner on 5 September at Westin Mumbai Garden City, Mumbai. She is competing with 87 contestants of different nationality to win the Miss Universe 2013 title.
The preliminary round of the contest will be held on 5 November at the Crocus City Hall in Moscow. For the first time in 62 years, the Miss Universe pageant is taking place in Russia.
The jury panel will judge the contestants in three categories - swimsuit, evening gown and interview.
On the final day i.e. on 9 November the winner will be announced and Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo of USA will crown the winner.
Schedule of Events:
- 20-24 October, 2013: Contestants arrive in Moscow
- 25 October: Welcome dinner
- 26 October- 3 November: Various pre-pageant activities
- 3 November: National Costume show
- 5 November: Preliminary Competition
- 6-9 November: On The Scene with Teen recap show
- 9 November: Miss Universe 2013 Final Telecast (Live on NBC, Telemundo and other TV networks of participant countries)
- 9 November: Russian Standard After-Party
- 10 November: Contestants' departure
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: