‘House of Cards’: Is there a Third Season? Billionaire Investor Thanks Kevin Spacey
By Anshu Shrivastava | October 24, 2013 8:19 PM EST
The media was abuzz with rumours that Netflix original series, "House of Cards," is likely to have no third seasons after the second season wraps-up. The statement of Rick Cleveland, the co-executive producer of "House of Cards," was the reason behind the buzz and intense speculation.
At the Vancouver Film Festival, Cleveland said "House of Cards" is "only going to go for a second season and I think that's it." He also said that "Kevin Spacey likes to do movies and Robin Wright likes to do movies."
Citing a source close to "House of Cards," TODAY Entertainment reported that Cleveland was fired from the political drama series in the first season. We cannot vouch for the veracity of the news as Netflix has not released any statement regarding Cleveland or "House of Cards" continuing its run after the end of the season 2.
Modi Wiczyk, CEO of Media Rights Capital, producers of "House of Cards," said to The Baltimore Sun, "I get to know what Francis [Underwood] is going to be doing in seasons 3, 4 and 5. I'm not going to tell you, but it's going to be pretty cool."
He also said that he would "basically be shocked if there wasn't" more seasons of "House of Cards."
"House of Cards" is a huge hit for Netflix and scored three awards at this year's Emmy, including for the outstanding directing for a drama series. Backed by the success of "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black," Netflix reported a total 31.8 million net income for the third quarter.
Mr Icahn tweeted: "Sold block of NFLX today. Wish to thank Reed Hastings, Ted Sarandos, NFLX team, and last but not least Kevin Spacey."
In "House of Cards," Kevin Spacey plays the role of shrewd Francis Underwood, the South Carolina congressman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date