iPhone 4S VS Samsung Galaxy S4 - Price and Specs in Australia; Which Smartphone to Choose?
By Sachin Trivedi | October 24, 2013 7:20 PM EST
Design and Display:
The iPhone 4S comes with a 3.5 inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 640 x 960 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a bigger 5 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The iPhone 4S comes with 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm dimensions and weighs 140 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm dimensions and comparatively lighter, weighing 130 grams.
Hardware and Operating System:
The iPhone 4S comes with a 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor and Apple A5 chipset. It comes in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with either a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A15 processor or a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor. The chipset on the device is Exynos 5 Octa 5410. The device comes in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPhone 4S runs on the iOS platform and the software can be upgraded to the latest iOS7 operating system. The Samsung Galaxy S4 runs on the Android platform and the software can be upgraded to the 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system.
The iPhone 4S is equipped with an 8MP primary camera with features like auto focus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is equipped with a whopping 13 MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera.
The features on the S4 camera include Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording apart from the auto focus and LED flash.
The iPhone 4S comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1432 mAh battery, which allows users a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, allowing the users a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia:
The iPhone 4S 16GB is priced at around AU $689.95 and the 32GB variant is priced at around AU $719.95. The Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB is priced at around AU $629.95 and the 32GB variant is priced at around AU $899.95 in Australia.
**For readers who are considering the Samsung Galaxy Round, touted to be the world's first smartphone with a curved display, click here to read the comparison between the device and the iPhone 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes