Kate Middleton and Prince William Announce the Names of Prince George’s Seven Godparents [SEE PHOTOS]
By jaskiran kaur | October 24, 2013 6:58 PM EST
Prince George did not get but seven godparents. Kate Middleton and Prince William announced the name of those seven godparents who would be assisting them in bringing up the future England King.
These seven godparents are Kate Middleton's and Prince William's closest friends and family who have been entrusted by them for Prince George's moral and spiritual guidance.
There have been speculations on the list of godparents. And it is quite surprising to know that their siblings Pippa Middleton and Prince Harry didn't make it to the list.
So who are these seven godparents? Read on to find out and read to know about their plans for informal tea party.
The list of seven godparents consists of a mix of family, school and university friends. There are few mentor figures and a cousin.
Prince George's Seven Official Godparents
Zara Philips who is member of the royal family and first cousin to Prince William has been selected as the Prince George's only godparent from the royal family. Zara Philips is married to Mike Tindall and is seven months pregnant. According to an unknown source Kate and Zara are great friends.
Emilia d'Erlanger is a friend of Kate from her college days in Marlborough College. She is presently an interior designer and married to David Jardine-Peterson.
Oliver Baker is Kate and William's friend from St. Andrews University. He played sport with William at University and is now a source manager for Barclays Capital.
Julia Samuel is a bereavement counsellor in the NHS paediatrics department of St Mary's Hospital and co-founder of the charity Child Bereavement UK. She was a close friend of William's mother Princess Diana. It is believed that Julia has been like a mentor and source of strength for Williams.
Hugh, Earl Grosvenor at the mere age of 22 has been honoured with a status of godfather figure to Prince George. He is the son of Duke of Westminster. He is the youngest of Prince George's godparents.
William Van Cutsem is a son of Prince Charles late friend Hugh Van Cutsem and is childhood friend of Prince William. His niece was a bridesmaid at the royal wedding.
Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton is not only a godparent to the couple's son but has served them and Prince Harry as a private secretary from last seven years. He is still serving them as a part time principal private secretary. He was once an equerry to the Queen Mother.
It was reported by the sources that Kate Middleton and Prince William wanted close family and friends to be Prince George's seven godparents. As announced earlier people were expecting only six names as Prince William has six godparents himself as a royal family tradition. But the announcement of seven names was a quite a surprise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- China Is Building An Island In The Spratly Islands—Report
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- New Zealand's Surveillance Laws Are Anti-People, Says Green Party leader Russel Norman
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues