Stunning Vancouver City Captured in Time-Lapse Video
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | October 24, 2013 6:28 PM EST
TimeLapseHD, a production company based in Vancouver, produced a stunning time-lapse video of the city. The time-lapse video was prepared with more than 50,000 videos from all over Vancouver. The images were captured not only during day time but during the night hours as well. It must have involved a high level of patience to spend so much time on capturing such a time-lapse video.
Time lapse is a method of photography when the frame rate of the captured film is much lower than the frame rate of the video to be watched. When a video with a slower frame rate is played with a higher frame rate' it gives a 'fast-forward' look in the video. That is why the 'time lapse' appears in the video.
If a video is captured at a normal frame rate (24fps for film, 25/30 fps for video) and then it is played at 50/60fps, the video moves in double speed. Generally, time-lapse videos are used to depict longer changes in a shorter time. For example, one usual example of a time lapse video can be capturing the sun rise. One can start capturing the eastern part of the sky one hour before the sun rise and continue until one hour after. This means that the video will have at least 2 hours of footage. Now, if the 2-hour long footage is shown in 2 minutes or less, it shows the sun popping in to the dark sky and making everything bright around in a 'fast forward' manner.
The time-lapse video by Timelapse HD is called Vancouver City 2. It took more than 6 months and over 50,000 images to complete the stunning time-lapse video. The 5-minute video shows important landmarks in the city such as the Gastown Steam Clock, Canada Place and BC Place Stadium. The high resolution images captured by Nikon Digital SLR cameras make the video look extraordinary.
Here is the video uploaded by the company on YouTube. Make sure you choose a high definition (at least 480p) to enjoy the best capability of the video quality.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Late Singer Amy Winehouse's Statue Unveiled On Her 31st Birthday In North London [SEE VIDEO]
- DIY Spring Project: Make Your Own Bird Bath And Liven Up Your Garden
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos To Be Displayed In Art Exhibit
- Jennifer Lawrence And Kate Upton's Uncensored Nude Photos To Be Put Up In Exhibition In Florida
- Hello Kitty's Shocking News: She Is Not Cat But A Little Girl Of George and Mary White
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date