Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Aussie Show Gets A Bang In Melbourne
By Janice Somosot | October 24, 2013 2:42 PM EST
Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Show in Australia started with a bang in Melbourne. As Mrs. Carter or Jay Z's wife certainly has not slowed down Beyonce nor affected her popularity. She has become even more in demand which was evident in her sold-out concert Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Rod Laver Arena. Fans were ecstatic to see her on stage.
The show was reportedly visually arresting, filled with dazzling effects and extravagant production numbers. Along with Beyonce's outstanding voice, her presence and choreography stood out the most.
Mrs. Carter was obviously ready for her comeback into the limelight after giving birth to her adorable daughter, Blue Ivy. What better way to do so than to wow her fans with a spectacular show.
"This is not the show for you to sit down and be cool," Beyonce said to the crowd at the start of the concert.
She sang some of her old songs, such as "If I Were a Boy," which she mixed with "Bitter Sweet Symphony," "Survivor," "Irreplaceable, "Crazy in Love," "Naughty Girl," "Baby Boy," "Irreplaceable" and "Halo." She also paid homage to her idols Dolly Parton and Whitney Houston by singing a cover of the song, "I Will Always Love You."
Aside from being a talented singer, Beyonce is also known for her fabulous and electrifying dance moves, which she showcased during the concert.
"In 10 years' time y'all say "I was at Beyonce concert"," said Beyonce after singing one of her songs.
Beyonce will go to other Australian cities, namely: Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth. She will stay in Australia until Nov. 9 for her last show in the country.
She will perform again at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on Oct. 25-26. Then, she will go to Brisbane and perform at the Entertainment Center Oct. 28-29. She will proceed to Sydney, Adelaide and Perth for the remaining shows scheduled in her Australian tour.
Ticket prices vary. It starts with the basic AU$99.90 as the cheapest and the AU$1400 package as the most expensive.
There are several Beyonce Packages available, such as the "Best Thing I Never Had" Package, which costs AU$650, "We Like to Party" Package, available for AU$1025, "Dance 4 U" package, which costs AU$1275 and the "Run the World" Mastercard "Priceless" package, which costs AU$1400.
These packages include limited-edition passes, along with other mementos for Beyonce fans.
Australian rapper Iggy Azalea will open for all the shows of Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Show in Australia at 8 p.m., except on Oct. 31, Nov. 1 and Nov. 2. Stan Walker will perform at the Allphones Arena in Sydney as Beyonce's opening act instead of her.
Beyonce is expected to start performing at around 9 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.
Tickets to the Australian leg of the "The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour Starring BEYONCE," can be purchased on Ticketeck. (Click here)
Check out Beyonce Spotted At Brunswick Photoshoot, Fans Go Crazy[VIDEO]. (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown