Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Aussie Show Gets A Bang In Melbourne
By Janice Somosot | October 24, 2013 2:42 PM EST
Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Show in Australia started with a bang in Melbourne. As Mrs. Carter or Jay Z's wife certainly has not slowed down Beyonce nor affected her popularity. She has become even more in demand which was evident in her sold-out concert Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Rod Laver Arena. Fans were ecstatic to see her on stage.
The show was reportedly visually arresting, filled with dazzling effects and extravagant production numbers. Along with Beyonce's outstanding voice, her presence and choreography stood out the most.
Mrs. Carter was obviously ready for her comeback into the limelight after giving birth to her adorable daughter, Blue Ivy. What better way to do so than to wow her fans with a spectacular show.
"This is not the show for you to sit down and be cool," Beyonce said to the crowd at the start of the concert.
She sang some of her old songs, such as "If I Were a Boy," which she mixed with "Bitter Sweet Symphony," "Survivor," "Irreplaceable, "Crazy in Love," "Naughty Girl," "Baby Boy," "Irreplaceable" and "Halo." She also paid homage to her idols Dolly Parton and Whitney Houston by singing a cover of the song, "I Will Always Love You."
Aside from being a talented singer, Beyonce is also known for her fabulous and electrifying dance moves, which she showcased during the concert.
"In 10 years' time y'all say "I was at Beyonce concert"," said Beyonce after singing one of her songs.
Beyonce will go to other Australian cities, namely: Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth. She will stay in Australia until Nov. 9 for her last show in the country.
She will perform again at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on Oct. 25-26. Then, she will go to Brisbane and perform at the Entertainment Center Oct. 28-29. She will proceed to Sydney, Adelaide and Perth for the remaining shows scheduled in her Australian tour.
Ticket prices vary. It starts with the basic AU$99.90 as the cheapest and the AU$1400 package as the most expensive.
There are several Beyonce Packages available, such as the "Best Thing I Never Had" Package, which costs AU$650, "We Like to Party" Package, available for AU$1025, "Dance 4 U" package, which costs AU$1275 and the "Run the World" Mastercard "Priceless" package, which costs AU$1400.
These packages include limited-edition passes, along with other mementos for Beyonce fans.
Australian rapper Iggy Azalea will open for all the shows of Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Show in Australia at 8 p.m., except on Oct. 31, Nov. 1 and Nov. 2. Stan Walker will perform at the Allphones Arena in Sydney as Beyonce's opening act instead of her.
Beyonce is expected to start performing at around 9 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.
Tickets to the Australian leg of the "The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour Starring BEYONCE," can be purchased on Ticketeck. (Click here)
Check out Beyonce Spotted At Brunswick Photoshoot, Fans Go Crazy[VIDEO]. (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon