David Beckham Net Worth and Other Highest Earning Athletes Ever
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 24, 2013 1:27 PM EST
David Beckham is one of Britain's most iconic sports figures, and no doubt, he is one of the wealthiest athletes in the world. How much is Beckham net worth, you might ask? Well, his estimated net worth only amounts to $300 million.
Beckham made his first appearance in the professional soccer when he was 17. He played for Manchester United for a total of nine seasons. Beckham also played for the Spanish giants Real Madrid when he was traded in 2003. He became the highest-paid soccer player in 2007 when he signed a five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy, worth $32.5 million.
Aside from his huge earnings in the field of soccer, Beckham also had been successful in his many endorsements and commercial advertisements. When you are that good-looking and you play your sport really well, like Beckham, you can be certain that you will be offered a lot of advertising deals. Some say that Beckham even made most of his money modeling underwear and not playing soccer.
For the year 2012-2013 alone and as reported by Forbes, Beckham's total earnings is equivalent to $47 million, $42 million of which is obtained from his endorsements earning. He is ranked eighth in The World Highest-Paid Athletes by Forbes.
We all know that athletes really make huge earnings from playing their sports. Other highest-earning include Arnold Palmer, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant.
Professional golfer Arnold Palmer is the richest of them all. At the age of 84, his net worth is equivalent to $675 million.
Federer may rank World No 6 in World Tennis Association (WTA) but he was the second-highest earning athlete this year. Like Beckham, Federer earned more from his advertisements than playing tennis. He earned a monstrous $65 million from his endorsement deals with Rolex and Nike. Federer's net worth is $180 million.
Tiger Woods is also one athlete who earns a lot of money. Woods is ranked as the fourth richest athlete of all time. If you want to know his net worth, well, it is $500 million.
Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant has a net worth equivalent to $200 million. Bryant is quickly going up the rich list. His earnings for this year are sitting just behind Federer and Woods.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch