David Beckham Net Worth and Other Highest Earning Athletes Ever
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 24, 2013 1:27 PM EST
David Beckham is one of Britain's most iconic sports figures, and no doubt, he is one of the wealthiest athletes in the world. How much is Beckham net worth, you might ask? Well, his estimated net worth only amounts to $300 million.
Beckham made his first appearance in the professional soccer when he was 17. He played for Manchester United for a total of nine seasons. Beckham also played for the Spanish giants Real Madrid when he was traded in 2003. He became the highest-paid soccer player in 2007 when he signed a five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy, worth $32.5 million.
Aside from his huge earnings in the field of soccer, Beckham also had been successful in his many endorsements and commercial advertisements. When you are that good-looking and you play your sport really well, like Beckham, you can be certain that you will be offered a lot of advertising deals. Some say that Beckham even made most of his money modeling underwear and not playing soccer.
For the year 2012-2013 alone and as reported by Forbes, Beckham's total earnings is equivalent to $47 million, $42 million of which is obtained from his endorsements earning. He is ranked eighth in The World Highest-Paid Athletes by Forbes.
We all know that athletes really make huge earnings from playing their sports. Other highest-earning include Arnold Palmer, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant.
Professional golfer Arnold Palmer is the richest of them all. At the age of 84, his net worth is equivalent to $675 million.
Federer may rank World No 6 in World Tennis Association (WTA) but he was the second-highest earning athlete this year. Like Beckham, Federer earned more from his advertisements than playing tennis. He earned a monstrous $65 million from his endorsement deals with Rolex and Nike. Federer's net worth is $180 million.
Tiger Woods is also one athlete who earns a lot of money. Woods is ranked as the fourth richest athlete of all time. If you want to know his net worth, well, it is $500 million.
Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant has a net worth equivalent to $200 million. Bryant is quickly going up the rich list. His earnings for this year are sitting just behind Federer and Woods.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced