David Beckham Net Worth and Other Highest Earning Athletes Ever
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 24, 2013 1:27 PM EST
David Beckham is one of Britain's most iconic sports figures, and no doubt, he is one of the wealthiest athletes in the world. How much is Beckham net worth, you might ask? Well, his estimated net worth only amounts to $300 million.
Beckham made his first appearance in the professional soccer when he was 17. He played for Manchester United for a total of nine seasons. Beckham also played for the Spanish giants Real Madrid when he was traded in 2003. He became the highest-paid soccer player in 2007 when he signed a five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy, worth $32.5 million.
Aside from his huge earnings in the field of soccer, Beckham also had been successful in his many endorsements and commercial advertisements. When you are that good-looking and you play your sport really well, like Beckham, you can be certain that you will be offered a lot of advertising deals. Some say that Beckham even made most of his money modeling underwear and not playing soccer.
For the year 2012-2013 alone and as reported by Forbes, Beckham's total earnings is equivalent to $47 million, $42 million of which is obtained from his endorsements earning. He is ranked eighth in The World Highest-Paid Athletes by Forbes.
We all know that athletes really make huge earnings from playing their sports. Other highest-earning include Arnold Palmer, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant.
Professional golfer Arnold Palmer is the richest of them all. At the age of 84, his net worth is equivalent to $675 million.
Federer may rank World No 6 in World Tennis Association (WTA) but he was the second-highest earning athlete this year. Like Beckham, Federer earned more from his advertisements than playing tennis. He earned a monstrous $65 million from his endorsement deals with Rolex and Nike. Federer's net worth is $180 million.
Tiger Woods is also one athlete who earns a lot of money. Woods is ranked as the fourth richest athlete of all time. If you want to know his net worth, well, it is $500 million.
Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant has a net worth equivalent to $200 million. Bryant is quickly going up the rich list. His earnings for this year are sitting just behind Federer and Woods.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge