David Beckham Net Worth and Other Highest Earning Athletes Ever
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 24, 2013 1:27 PM EST
David Beckham is one of Britain's most iconic sports figures, and no doubt, he is one of the wealthiest athletes in the world. How much is Beckham net worth, you might ask? Well, his estimated net worth only amounts to $300 million.
Beckham made his first appearance in the professional soccer when he was 17. He played for Manchester United for a total of nine seasons. Beckham also played for the Spanish giants Real Madrid when he was traded in 2003. He became the highest-paid soccer player in 2007 when he signed a five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy, worth $32.5 million.
Aside from his huge earnings in the field of soccer, Beckham also had been successful in his many endorsements and commercial advertisements. When you are that good-looking and you play your sport really well, like Beckham, you can be certain that you will be offered a lot of advertising deals. Some say that Beckham even made most of his money modeling underwear and not playing soccer.
For the year 2012-2013 alone and as reported by Forbes, Beckham's total earnings is equivalent to $47 million, $42 million of which is obtained from his endorsements earning. He is ranked eighth in The World Highest-Paid Athletes by Forbes.
We all know that athletes really make huge earnings from playing their sports. Other highest-earning include Arnold Palmer, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant.
Professional golfer Arnold Palmer is the richest of them all. At the age of 84, his net worth is equivalent to $675 million.
Federer may rank World No 6 in World Tennis Association (WTA) but he was the second-highest earning athlete this year. Like Beckham, Federer earned more from his advertisements than playing tennis. He earned a monstrous $65 million from his endorsement deals with Rolex and Nike. Federer's net worth is $180 million.
Tiger Woods is also one athlete who earns a lot of money. Woods is ranked as the fourth richest athlete of all time. If you want to know his net worth, well, it is $500 million.
Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant has a net worth equivalent to $200 million. Bryant is quickly going up the rich list. His earnings for this year are sitting just behind Federer and Woods.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’