iPad Air vs. Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition: Which Tablet You Should Choose
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 24, 2013 11:15 AM EST
Apple finally unveiled the new iPad Air, introducing a thinner and lighter fifth-generation of iPad.
The full-sized iPad Air weighs only a pound making it almost 30% lighter compared to iPad 4. It features a 9.7 inches retina screen display. It also packed the same processor of iPhone 5S - 64-bit A7 processor.
According to Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller, the new iPad will be 72 times faster than the fourth generation of iPad. "This is our biggest leap forward ever with a full-size iPad," Schiller said.
The iPad Air will battle head on with the 2014 edition of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) is a 10-inch tablet with a high-resolution display with 2560 x 1600-pixel resolution. It also features an octa-core Samsung chip clocked at 1.9GHz, and an impressive 3GB of RAM. The Note 10.1 2014 features an 8-megapixel main and a 2-megapixel front cameras. The tablet is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models.
Below is the comparison of the specifications and features of the new iPad Air and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.
Screen Display - iPad Air comes with 9.7 inches retina display. Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition has 10.1 inches LCD display.
Processor - iPad Air is powered by 64-bit A7 processor while its rival, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, packs Snapdragon 800 chipset Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400.
Operating System - iPad Air packs the new iOS 7 that brings new and improved features such as Control Center, AirDrop, and smarter multitasking. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, on the other hand, runs with the 4.3 version of the Android Jelly Bean OS.
Internal Storage - iPad Air is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB variants. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage options.
Camera - Apple's refreshed full-sized tablet retain its 5MP rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera compared to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's back and front camera that are 8MP and 2MP, respectively.
Battery Life - iPad Air boasts up to 10 hours of battery life. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has 8,220 mAh of battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid