4.3 XXUAMJ2 Official Firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE)
Samsung has started rolling out its latest official firmware, Android 4.3 XXUAMJ2, for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P605) users in several countries including Czech Republic. The update is now available via Samsung KIES as well as Over-The-Air (OTA) in select regions.
Those who missed the official OTA update notification and those who cannot wait for the official firmware release in their country can follow the step-by-step guide to install the same manually via Odin.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The Android 4.3 XXUAMJ2 official firmware and instructions provided in this guide are limited to the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 model. Do not attempt installing this firmware on any other device, as it may permanently damage or brick the device. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the device model number.
- Ensure the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE USB drivers)
- Disable Samsung KIES as well as any security software installed on the computer.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss during firmware installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge before you proceed.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE) to Android 4.3 XXUAMJ2 Official Firmware
Step 1 - Download the official firmware for new Galaxy Note 10.1 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v3.07 which is needed to install Android 4.3 on your tablet.
Step 3 - Power off the tablet and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together, and then follow onscreen instructions to enter Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect your tablet to it while the phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - When the tablet connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step might take some time. So, do not interrupt the process.
Step 6 - Now choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on your tablet, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click 'PDA' button and select the file named .tar.md5.
- Tap 'Phone' button and click the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Hit 'CSC' button and select file named 'CSC' in its name. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Click 'PIT' button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 8 - In ODIN, select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked ONLY if you chose a .PIT file in the previous step.
Step 9 - Now click Start button in ODIN and firmware installation process will begin. It should take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - Once the installation is complete, your tablet will reboot. When the home screen appears, disconnect the device from computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE is now updated to Android 4.3 XXUAMJ2 official firmware. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: