Follow IB Times UK's LIVE minute by minute coverage of all Wednesday's Champions League action here.
Manuel Pellegrini takes his men to the Far East as Manchester City take on CSKA Moscow for the UEFA Premier League clash on Wednesday. The game between the two sides will held at Arena Khimki in Russia.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 5pm BST. Live coverage is the UK will be available on Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2 HD.
CSKA come into this game after losing their last league fixture to Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg. Leonid Slutsky saw his men suffer a 2-0 defeat after Roman Shirokov and Brazilian international Hulk's first half goals were sufficient for Zenit to seal a comfortable victory.
The Russian side registered a victory in their last Champions League fixture as CSKA went on to win the second tie of the group stage fixture of the European competition 3-2 at home against Viktoria Plzen. CSKA sit third in Group D with three points while their midweek opponent City are second with three points.
The English outfit's better goal difference has seen City take the second spot ahead of CSKA.
Meanwhile, the visitors enter this fixture after their comfortable 3-1 victory over West Ham United at Upton Park. Sergio Aguero scored twice on either side of the pitch and City's two goal lead was reduced from Ricardo Vaz Tes goal in the 58th minute.
However, David Silva scored another goal in the final quarter of the game as City had a routine victory over the London club. At the European stage, their second fixture against Champions League winners Bayern Munich saw City suffer a humiliating 3-1 defeat at the Etihad.
Bayern take on Plzen in the other group stage fixture to be played on Wednesday evening.
What Managers Say
Leonid Slutsky: "We can hardly beat them on skill. We have to make sure our collective action and movement is of top class, and use one-on-one battles, the classic techniques to beat classy players."
Manuel Pellegrini: "Of course I'm surprised. I'm surprised because they were not allowed to play the other game here, against Plzen. I think the people from UEFA who reviewed the pitch without hesitation should have said, 'It cannot be played here."
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L L W L D
- Last Result: Zenit St Petersburg 2-0 CSKA Moscow
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W L L W
- Last Result: West Ham United 1-3 Manchester City
- Injured: Alan Dzagoev (hamstring), Aleksandrs Cauna (toe)
- Doubtful: Igor Akinfeev (knee)
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: Chepchugov; Schennikov, V Berezutski, Ignashevich, Nababkin; Milanov, Wernbloom, Tosic, Dzagoev, Honda; Doumbia
- Injured: Vincent Kompany (thigh), Martin Demichelis (knee), Jack Rodwell (hamstring)
- Doubtful: N/A
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy; Toure, Fernandinho; Navas, Aguero, Silva; Negredo
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]