Clarence House has released the names of Godparents and the final guest list of Prince George’s christening that is due at Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace on 23 October.
As reported earlier, Prince William and Kate Middleton have not invited some of the senior members of royal family. The guest list does not include William's aunts Princess Anne and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.
The guest list features names of only immediate royal family members of Prince George and his Godparents and their spouses.
The guests who will attend Prince George’s Christening at the Chapel Royal include the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, prince Philip; the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry.
The guest list also includes family members of Kate Middleton, including the duchess’ parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, and her siblings, James and Pippa Middleton.
Prince George’s Godparents
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen friends over family to be Godparents to Prince George at his christening. They are -
• Oliver Baker, who attended the University of St Andrews with William and Kate, is the first Godparent to feature on the list.
• William’s friend David Jardine-Paterson, whose wife, Emilia Jardine-Paterson, attended Marlborough College with Catherine. The couple also attended William and Kate’s wedding.
• Earl Grosvenor (Hugh), the son of The Duke of Westminster, is the only Godparent with royal connections.
• Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton - he served as Private Secretary to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry from 2005-2012 and continues to serve part-time as Principal Private Secretary and Equerry.
• Julia Samuel - she was a close friend of Diana, Princess of Wales.
• Zara Tindall or Zara Phillips, who is Prince William’s cousin, is the only Godparent from royal family.
• William van Cutsem – he is a childhood friend of Prince William.
Prince George will wear the handmade replica of the Royal Christening Robe, made by Angela Kelly, Dressmaker to The Queen. The Lily Font, commissioned by Queen Victoria in 1840, and water from the River Jordan will be used during the baptism.
“Following the service, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will give a private tea in Clarence House. Guests will be served slices of christening cake, which is a tier taken from The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding cake,” the Clarence House said in a statement.
The christening of Prince George will conclude with the official portrait photo shoot by iconic photographer, Jason Bell.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]