The countdown begins for the most beautiful pageant in the universe, and only 16 days left before the big coronation night. Delegates for the Miss Universe 2013 pageant are starting to arrive in Russia's capital including Philippines' bet Ariella Arida and Miss Canada Riza Santos, both contestants have Filipino descent and was assigned to share the same room throughout the pageant.
The most coveted crown in the universe is up for grabs and these two Filipinas are definitely on top of their game as they try to win the Miss Universe elusive crown. With 87 candidates all competing for the same crown, its nice to know that you have a friend who knows exactly what you are going through throughout the competition, Miss Philippines and Miss Canada can definitely help out each other since they already have a common ground.
Even before they arrived in Moscow, Ariella Arida and Riza Santos are often compared in various blogs and how the Filipina beauty stands out amongst the sea of beautiful faces in the world's prestigious beauty competition. So here are the pros and cons of these two Filipinas sharing the same room according to Norman of normannorman.com.
- Their common roots should help in communicating and understanding each other more easily
- Riza will benefit from the several photo ops with Ariella and vice versa
- Riza will also have some share in the popularity of Ariella. I don't mean that Miss Canada has no support. It's just that Filipinos are distinctively more demonstrative and all-out in cheering for Ariella.
- Ariella could learn a thing or two from Riza without the element of competition hanging over their heads all the time.
- They both speak Tagalog
- the competition could take a toll in the mid-term, especially when one of them is zooming ahead of the other. Of course, it is a natural occurrence among roommates, but with two Filipinas, the effect could be more sharp in a way.
- There were reports in the past that Riza is not the type who would vie for Miss Congeniality. And that she can be kind of difficult at times. But hopefully, Ariella's humility and good nature will rub off on her.
- I read somewhere the first impressions of Riza (by someone who tried greeting her at the airport) being snobbish. I don't want to read too much into this, so make your own small conclusions.
In conclusion, whoever will win the Miss Universe 2013 title, either Miss Canada or Miss Philippines, the two beauty queens are still representing the Filipina beauty.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]