Metallica Set to Rock Antarctica
By Tarun Mazumdar | October 23, 2013 7:50 PM EST
Raise those horns and keep them high. But don't forget to pack a pair of gloves to keep the horns warm. Thanks to Metallica, the metal community will soon have gigs in Antarctica. According to the Coca Cola Zero (Colombian website), Metallica will play a gig (a special one) in Antarctica.
The event is sponsored by Coca Cola and is scheduled to take place between Dec. 2 and Dec. 15. The world (hopefully) will witness the thrash monsters performing on the southernmost continent of planet Earth which is 98% covered by ice of 1 mile in thickness.
Last month, Lars Ulrich, drummer of Metallica, hinted on a San Francisco radio station about the upcoming winter adventure that the band members are up to. He said that it will truly surprise the fans.
"There's a very interesting thing coming our way in December . . . There's another frontier heading in METALLICA's direction in December. Which, if anybody (at the band's management) even knew that I just said what I just said, they would hunt me down and silence me. But there is another frontier coming in December, which we're very excited about," Lars said, via Blabbermouth.
Apparently, Metallica is not the first band to perform in Antarctica. The first rock concert in Antarctica was organised on July 7, 2007 at British Antarctic Survey's (BAS) Rothera Research Station. The concert was one in the series of Live Earth concerts that were organised on the same day in all the seven continents. Nunatak, indie-rock house band, performed in front of 17 people but the event was broadcasted around the world.
According to the Colombian website of Coca Cola Zero, fans in Colombia can participate and win tickets and witness Metallica Live in Antarctica. The contest starts from Oct. 14 to Nov. 9, 2013.
We are eagerly waiting for the set of songs that Metallica will perform in Antarctica.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports