Metallica Set to Rock Antarctica
By Tarun Mazumdar | October 23, 2013 7:50 PM EST
Raise those horns and keep them high. But don't forget to pack a pair of gloves to keep the horns warm. Thanks to Metallica, the metal community will soon have gigs in Antarctica. According to the Coca Cola Zero (Colombian website), Metallica will play a gig (a special one) in Antarctica.
The event is sponsored by Coca Cola and is scheduled to take place between Dec. 2 and Dec. 15. The world (hopefully) will witness the thrash monsters performing on the southernmost continent of planet Earth which is 98% covered by ice of 1 mile in thickness.
Last month, Lars Ulrich, drummer of Metallica, hinted on a San Francisco radio station about the upcoming winter adventure that the band members are up to. He said that it will truly surprise the fans.
"There's a very interesting thing coming our way in December . . . There's another frontier heading in METALLICA's direction in December. Which, if anybody (at the band's management) even knew that I just said what I just said, they would hunt me down and silence me. But there is another frontier coming in December, which we're very excited about," Lars said, via Blabbermouth.
Apparently, Metallica is not the first band to perform in Antarctica. The first rock concert in Antarctica was organised on July 7, 2007 at British Antarctic Survey's (BAS) Rothera Research Station. The concert was one in the series of Live Earth concerts that were organised on the same day in all the seven continents. Nunatak, indie-rock house band, performed in front of 17 people but the event was broadcasted around the world.
According to the Colombian website of Coca Cola Zero, fans in Colombia can participate and win tickets and witness Metallica Live in Antarctica. The contest starts from Oct. 14 to Nov. 9, 2013.
We are eagerly waiting for the set of songs that Metallica will perform in Antarctica.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown