Best Acne Cover Up Went Viral[VIDEO]
By Sigrid Salucop | October 23, 2013 7:22 PM EST
A teenage girl with severe acne shows make-up tricks to conceal pockmarks and pimples on her face. The Toronto-based teen Elaine Mokk bravely appeared in a video uploaded on YouTube with her pimpled face before she applies her favorite cosmetics to hide her scars and swelling.
With currently over six million views, the clip is aimed at helping others to deal with severe cystic acne. The two-minute video tutorial shows Mokk with her skin considerably cleaned up. According to her, she tried changing her food diet but did not see visible results. She reportedly continues to document her ordeal with acne through YouTube videos.
CREDIT: YouTube/Elaine Mokk
All About Acne
Acne is not just a skin condition according to experts but also causes emotional distress among those who suffer from this skin ailment. The American Academy of Dermatology says that acne is a common problem in the U.S. and around 40 million people have experienced this condition.
While it may not be life-threatening, acne can have an impact on a person’s self-esteem. It can also cause skin scarring. However, there are ways to prevent breakouts and minimize scarring. There are many myths about what causes acne and one of them is eating certain foods like chocolate. However, a major risk factor is hormonal change either caused by pregnancy or puberty. When the body goes through drastic hormonal changes, oil or sebum production is triggered leading to the development of pimples or a breakout. But acne usually subsides during adulthood when the hormones are more stable.
Another risk factor is taking certain medications like in the case of Mokk. Those who get acne are usually those who take in corticosteroids or birth control pills. A diet high in refined sugars can also contribute to acne development. It can appear in almost all parts of the body but usually found on the face, neck, shoulders, back and chest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Beating Postnatal Depression Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Seasonal Flu Kills Hundreds In New Zealand Every Year
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change