Best Acne Cover Up Went Viral[VIDEO]
By Sigrid Salucop | October 23, 2013 7:22 PM EST
A teenage girl with severe acne shows make-up tricks to conceal pockmarks and pimples on her face. The Toronto-based teen Elaine Mokk bravely appeared in a video uploaded on YouTube with her pimpled face before she applies her favorite cosmetics to hide her scars and swelling.
With currently over six million views, the clip is aimed at helping others to deal with severe cystic acne. The two-minute video tutorial shows Mokk with her skin considerably cleaned up. According to her, she tried changing her food diet but did not see visible results. She reportedly continues to document her ordeal with acne through YouTube videos.
CREDIT: YouTube/Elaine Mokk
All About Acne
Acne is not just a skin condition according to experts but also causes emotional distress among those who suffer from this skin ailment. The American Academy of Dermatology says that acne is a common problem in the U.S. and around 40 million people have experienced this condition.
While it may not be life-threatening, acne can have an impact on a person’s self-esteem. It can also cause skin scarring. However, there are ways to prevent breakouts and minimize scarring. There are many myths about what causes acne and one of them is eating certain foods like chocolate. However, a major risk factor is hormonal change either caused by pregnancy or puberty. When the body goes through drastic hormonal changes, oil or sebum production is triggered leading to the development of pimples or a breakout. But acne usually subsides during adulthood when the hormones are more stable.
Another risk factor is taking certain medications like in the case of Mokk. Those who get acne are usually those who take in corticosteroids or birth control pills. A diet high in refined sugars can also contribute to acne development. It can appear in almost all parts of the body but usually found on the face, neck, shoulders, back and chest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions