Maria Sharapova Allegedly Pregnant with Grigor Dimitrov’s Baby, Sharapova Denies Pregnancy Rumours, Ready to Play in Three-Weeks Time
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 23, 2013 1:30 PM EST
There have been rumours spreading over the Internet saying that the Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova is having Grigor Dimitrov's baby. The rumour was probably fueled by the fact that Sharapova has withdrawn from several tournaments. However, she stated and made it clear that it was only because of her recurring shoulder injury.
According to Novini, a Bulgarian newspaper, Sharapova has visited a maternity clinic in Los Angeles in September. She then came back for a follow-up check-up a month later.
This news is nothing more than a gossip. Sharapova, herself, has even addressed the pregnancy rumours on her Twitter account. "Must be the bread roll, I had the other night," Sharapova tweeted.
Dimitrov has not commented on the issue yet. He will probably just shrug it off because the couple knows that there is not an ounce of truth in it.
Recently, Sharapova visited Sweden with Dimitrov so that the couple can spend some quality time together, but she also utilised some of her free time training there. She has been religiously posting and sharing pictures from her training and improvement efforts on her Facebook account.
Sharapova seems to be ready to play and she is very much excited for her next tournament. "I wish there is tournament in three weeks," she wrote on Twitter.
Well, everyone can put the pregnancy rumours to rest. She is definitely not pregnant. Sharapova may have her relationship going strong and steady with fellow tennis player Grigor Dimitrov, and the couple may even head to the altar, but it probably won't be anytime soon.
Sharapova and Dimitrov are very competitive players and they are ambitious to get more achievements under their names in tennis sports. Dimitrov got himself a new coach, Roger Rasheed. Sharapova, on the other hand, is still without a coach.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet