Maria Sharapova Allegedly Pregnant with Grigor Dimitrov’s Baby, Sharapova Denies Pregnancy Rumours, Ready to Play in Three-Weeks Time
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 23, 2013 1:30 PM EST
There have been rumours spreading over the Internet saying that the Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova is having Grigor Dimitrov's baby. The rumour was probably fueled by the fact that Sharapova has withdrawn from several tournaments. However, she stated and made it clear that it was only because of her recurring shoulder injury.
According to Novini, a Bulgarian newspaper, Sharapova has visited a maternity clinic in Los Angeles in September. She then came back for a follow-up check-up a month later.
This news is nothing more than a gossip. Sharapova, herself, has even addressed the pregnancy rumours on her Twitter account. "Must be the bread roll, I had the other night," Sharapova tweeted.
Dimitrov has not commented on the issue yet. He will probably just shrug it off because the couple knows that there is not an ounce of truth in it.
Recently, Sharapova visited Sweden with Dimitrov so that the couple can spend some quality time together, but she also utilised some of her free time training there. She has been religiously posting and sharing pictures from her training and improvement efforts on her Facebook account.
Sharapova seems to be ready to play and she is very much excited for her next tournament. "I wish there is tournament in three weeks," she wrote on Twitter.
Well, everyone can put the pregnancy rumours to rest. She is definitely not pregnant. Sharapova may have her relationship going strong and steady with fellow tennis player Grigor Dimitrov, and the couple may even head to the altar, but it probably won't be anytime soon.
Sharapova and Dimitrov are very competitive players and they are ambitious to get more achievements under their names in tennis sports. Dimitrov got himself a new coach, Roger Rasheed. Sharapova, on the other hand, is still without a coach.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier