Killer of NFL Star Player Adrian Peterson's 2-Year-Old Son Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 23, 2013 1:26 PM EST
Adrian Peterson of the National Football League's (NFL) Minnesota Vikings recently lost his 2-year-old son. TMZ initially reported that Peterson's son was harshly abused by the lover of the child's mother. The child was brought to the nearest hospital, but later on, succumbed to the severe injuries that the beating has caused.
Apparently, the person who allegedly hurt Peterson's son was accused with second-degree murder, as reported by TMZ. The suspect, Joseph Patterson, was also charged with 2 counts of first-degree manslaughter, aggravated battery of an infant, and felony child abuse. According to the charges, Patterson deliberately injured the child, causing brain damage and bleeding of the skull from blows, shaking, and hitting the child's head with a hard object.
Patterson has already a history of domestic and child abuse, according to New York Daily News. He was previously given restraining orders for the last nine years.
Tim Rensch, who represents Patterson, has already stated that his client is not guilty. If Patterson is found guilty of the crime, he could face a life-long sentence in jail.
Patterson is the lover of the child's mother. He was supposed to take care of the child while the mother was away when the tragic incident happened.
There is nothing worse than hurting an innocent child. If the charges are real, the police authorities should lock him up before Patterson hurts someone else.
Peterson only learned that he was the father of the child about a couple of months ago before the boy died. Peterson was working things out with the boy's mother to set up a meeting when he found out that his son was confined to the hospital because of severe injuries. Peterson instantly flew to South Dakota to be with his son, and this was the first time that the NFL player has actually seen the boy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change