Killer of NFL Star Player Adrian Peterson's 2-Year-Old Son Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 23, 2013 1:26 PM EST
Adrian Peterson of the National Football League's (NFL) Minnesota Vikings recently lost his 2-year-old son. TMZ initially reported that Peterson's son was harshly abused by the lover of the child's mother. The child was brought to the nearest hospital, but later on, succumbed to the severe injuries that the beating has caused.
Apparently, the person who allegedly hurt Peterson's son was accused with second-degree murder, as reported by TMZ. The suspect, Joseph Patterson, was also charged with 2 counts of first-degree manslaughter, aggravated battery of an infant, and felony child abuse. According to the charges, Patterson deliberately injured the child, causing brain damage and bleeding of the skull from blows, shaking, and hitting the child's head with a hard object.
Patterson has already a history of domestic and child abuse, according to New York Daily News. He was previously given restraining orders for the last nine years.
Tim Rensch, who represents Patterson, has already stated that his client is not guilty. If Patterson is found guilty of the crime, he could face a life-long sentence in jail.
Patterson is the lover of the child's mother. He was supposed to take care of the child while the mother was away when the tragic incident happened.
There is nothing worse than hurting an innocent child. If the charges are real, the police authorities should lock him up before Patterson hurts someone else.
Peterson only learned that he was the father of the child about a couple of months ago before the boy died. Peterson was working things out with the boy's mother to set up a meeting when he found out that his son was confined to the hospital because of severe injuries. Peterson instantly flew to South Dakota to be with his son, and this was the first time that the NFL player has actually seen the boy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence