2013 NBA Preseason – Orlando Magic vs. San Antonio Spurs Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 23, 2013 1:08 PM EST
Victor Oladipo was picked 2nd overall by the Orlando Magic in the 2013 NBA Draft. This early in his NBA career, he's already showing flashes of brilliance after having played six preseason games. On Tuesday evening, Oladipo and the Magic visited the San Antonio Spurs, which are still finalising some roster spots although their core players have been established already even before preseason began.
The Magic have only won two of their six preseason games, but the silver lining is that Oladipo is already contributing nicely. The 21-year-old rookie has scored eight points or more in all of the games and hit double-figure scoring in four of them.
To show his all-around game, he had an 11-rebound performance in a 102-94 win vs. the Dallas Mavericks; and a 9-assist output in a 99-95 loss vs. the New Orleans Pelicans. He can hit from beyond the arc (5-of-22) and gets to the free throw line as well (18-of-23). And he plays defense too, recording 10 steals so far.
Unlike the Magic, the Spurs know they’ll be relying on the veterans again in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. The starting five from last year-- Tiago Splitter, Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and Tony Parker-- already started the last two games for the Spurs, which settled for a split.
Parker led the team with 17 points and 5 assists in a 106-to-104 win versus the Atlanta Hawks and Leonard finished with 17 points in the 121-to-96 loss against the Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge