2013 NBA Preseason – Orlando Magic vs. San Antonio Spurs Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 23, 2013 1:08 PM EST
Victor Oladipo was picked 2nd overall by the Orlando Magic in the 2013 NBA Draft. This early in his NBA career, he's already showing flashes of brilliance after having played six preseason games. On Tuesday evening, Oladipo and the Magic visited the San Antonio Spurs, which are still finalising some roster spots although their core players have been established already even before preseason began.
The Magic have only won two of their six preseason games, but the silver lining is that Oladipo is already contributing nicely. The 21-year-old rookie has scored eight points or more in all of the games and hit double-figure scoring in four of them.
To show his all-around game, he had an 11-rebound performance in a 102-94 win vs. the Dallas Mavericks; and a 9-assist output in a 99-95 loss vs. the New Orleans Pelicans. He can hit from beyond the arc (5-of-22) and gets to the free throw line as well (18-of-23). And he plays defense too, recording 10 steals so far.
Unlike the Magic, the Spurs know they’ll be relying on the veterans again in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. The starting five from last year-- Tiago Splitter, Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and Tony Parker-- already started the last two games for the Spurs, which settled for a split.
Parker led the team with 17 points and 5 assists in a 106-to-104 win versus the Atlanta Hawks and Leonard finished with 17 points in the 121-to-96 loss against the Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight