2013 NBA Preseason – Orlando Magic vs. San Antonio Spurs Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 23, 2013 1:08 PM EST
Victor Oladipo was picked 2nd overall by the Orlando Magic in the 2013 NBA Draft. This early in his NBA career, he's already showing flashes of brilliance after having played six preseason games. On Tuesday evening, Oladipo and the Magic visited the San Antonio Spurs, which are still finalising some roster spots although their core players have been established already even before preseason began.
The Magic have only won two of their six preseason games, but the silver lining is that Oladipo is already contributing nicely. The 21-year-old rookie has scored eight points or more in all of the games and hit double-figure scoring in four of them.
To show his all-around game, he had an 11-rebound performance in a 102-94 win vs. the Dallas Mavericks; and a 9-assist output in a 99-95 loss vs. the New Orleans Pelicans. He can hit from beyond the arc (5-of-22) and gets to the free throw line as well (18-of-23). And he plays defense too, recording 10 steals so far.
Unlike the Magic, the Spurs know they’ll be relying on the veterans again in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. The starting five from last year-- Tiago Splitter, Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and Tony Parker-- already started the last two games for the Spurs, which settled for a split.
Parker led the team with 17 points and 5 assists in a 106-to-104 win versus the Atlanta Hawks and Leonard finished with 17 points in the 121-to-96 loss against the Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown