2013 NBA Preseason – Orlando Magic vs. San Antonio Spurs Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 23, 2013 1:08 PM EST
Victor Oladipo was picked 2nd overall by the Orlando Magic in the 2013 NBA Draft. This early in his NBA career, he's already showing flashes of brilliance after having played six preseason games. On Tuesday evening, Oladipo and the Magic visited the San Antonio Spurs, which are still finalising some roster spots although their core players have been established already even before preseason began.
The Magic have only won two of their six preseason games, but the silver lining is that Oladipo is already contributing nicely. The 21-year-old rookie has scored eight points or more in all of the games and hit double-figure scoring in four of them.
To show his all-around game, he had an 11-rebound performance in a 102-94 win vs. the Dallas Mavericks; and a 9-assist output in a 99-95 loss vs. the New Orleans Pelicans. He can hit from beyond the arc (5-of-22) and gets to the free throw line as well (18-of-23). And he plays defense too, recording 10 steals so far.
Unlike the Magic, the Spurs know they’ll be relying on the veterans again in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. The starting five from last year-- Tiago Splitter, Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and Tony Parker-- already started the last two games for the Spurs, which settled for a split.
Parker led the team with 17 points and 5 assists in a 106-to-104 win versus the Atlanta Hawks and Leonard finished with 17 points in the 121-to-96 loss against the Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand