October 23, 2013 5:01 AM EST
Bones Season 9 Review: 'Best TV Wedding?' Poetry and Wedding Vows in 'Woman in White' [PHOTOS]
"Bones" Season 9, Episode 6 ("The Woman in White") is among the show's highest-rated episodes ever on TV.com. Fans are saying it is the best TV series wedding they've seen. There's a lot of poetry here, especially in the wedding vows delivered by Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz, who play Temperance Brennan and Seeley Booth.
Spoiler alert: This review recaps the highlights of Bones Season 9, Episode 6. Read at your own risk.
Karine Rosenthal brilliantly penned The Woman in White. Brennan saying, "This is not one man ceremonially handing over a woman to another man as property," is endearingly typical.
By using Emily Dickinson and poetry, everyone was given the right verse at the right time in the special wedding episode. Some very nice touch: 'Duck' memories from Bones Season 1 pilot (written by series creator Hart Hanson) and a particular Season 2 case (Episode 9: Aliens in a Spaceship, where Hodgins and Brennan were buried alive).
Episode director Kevin Hooks was equally poetic in pacing the wedding. He delicately avoided unnecessary details and creatively showed elaborate moments in quick frames. Below are the Top 10 best things in the episode.
Top 10 Best Things in 'Bones' Season 9, Episode 6: 'The Woman in White'
10. Ty Panitz is back as Parker Booth, and he's all grown up! In fact, Booth deems him old enough to be his best man.
9. Psychic Avalon Harmonia (Cyndi Lauper) romances the viewers with the lyrics of "At Last" by Etta James.
8. Nearly all the squinterns are present. Even the annoying Daisy Wick (Carla Gallo) is a delight to see in a frame with her ex, Dr. Lance Sweets (John Francis Daley).
7. Angela Montenegro (Michaela Conlin) comes through to make sure the wedding happens on the day the couple planned it would. Dr Jack Hodgins (T.J. Thyne) raids the institute's exhibit (yet again) so the squinterns could suit up for the wedding. Dr Camille Saroyan (Tamara Taylor) tries her best to keep Brennan off the lab.
6. Bones' fans favourite ex-priest, Aldo Clemens (Mather Zickel), returns to officiate the wedding.
5. Assistant U.S. Attorney Caroline Julian (Patricia Belcher) doesn't get any lines, but her reaction during the ceremony sparks a lot of memories. (Remember how she "forced" Booth and Brennan to kiss under a mistletoe?)
4. Hank Booth (Ralph Waite) says he's been waiting for Booth to marry Brennan since he met Brennan. (Bones Season 5, see the slideshow.)
3. The FBI and Jeffersonian teams open the show. Core characters are obsessively making sure everything goes well in the church ceremony. And then the guys bet it will be cancelled! Max Keenan (Ryan O'Neal) wins the pool. He bet the wedding will push through on the planned date.
2. Seeley Booth tears up his prepared wedding vows and spoke from his heart: "We have been chasing each other for a long time... Chasing you has been the smartest thing I've ever done... Being chased by you has been my greatest joy."
1. Temperance Brennan tells Aldo she'd speak from her mouth: "Because of you, I've started to see the universe differently... Why does it make me so happy that every time I try to sneak a peek at you, you're already looking at me?"
Check out the slideshow for some "Bones" fandom posts on Tumblr.com. Bones Season 9 airs on the U.S. network Fox every Monday.
More 'Bones Season 9' and TV Guide Features:
Bones Season 9 Episode 4 Review, Spoilers; David Boreanaz Answers 'Exit' Rumours; Emily Deschanel Stunning in Wedding Dress [PHOTOS]
Bones Season 9 Spoilers: Supervillain Pelant Returns, Booth-Brennan Wedding Happens Next! [PHOTOS]