Google Nexus 5 Release Date and Android 4.4 KitKat Roll Out On October 24? Google Finally Sends Out Invites to Event
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 22, 2013 10:51 PM EST
Search engine giant Google finally sent out invitations to the probable Google Nexus 5 release date and Android 4.4 roll out.
Google will host a Google Play event on October 24 that may introduce some of the new products from the company. The event will be held in New York City at 7pm. The invite just reads, "Join us for a night out with Google Play."
Google has not released specific details of the event but it is speculated that consumers will probably see the unveiling of Nexus 5, Nexus 10 2 and Android 4.4 KitKat. The invitation is for a Google Play event that may provide hints that new apps may be launched as well.
It was previously reported that the device will be released on the 15th of this month. However, some reports said that the event was postponed due to the U.S. government shutdown.
According to rumours, Google Nexus 5 will pack a quad core Snapdragon 800 processor chip at 2.3 GHz.. The next Nexus smartphone will feature five-inch display with 1080 x 1920 resolution using Corning Gorilla Glass 3 technology.
Camera at the back and front may be 13 and 2 megapixels, respectively. The device may have 2 or 3GB of RAM, 2700mAh battery, and the Adreno 330 GPU.
Google Nexus 5 may come pre-installed with the upcoming Android 4.4 Kitkat, which will feature a revamped user interface. It will improve battery life of the device, improve optimisation of old Android mobile devices, and improve performance.
Google may have accidentally placed the next generation of Nexus smartphone beside Nexus 7 2 and Nexus 10 in the Google Play Store last week. The post showed that the Nexus 5 will cost $349 for the 16GB variant.
Most importantly, the smartphone will be manufactured by South Korean electronics company LG as the company logo appeared at the back of the device on the leaked photo. However, the link in the Google Play Store does not allow consumers to take pre-orders.
There is also a grapevine that LG Nexus 4 with LTE capabilities will enter the market taking the place of the current LG Nexus 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report