NBA News: Chris Paul Will Retire Sooner Than Expected To Spend More Time With Kids
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 22, 2013 9:09 PM EST
Chris Paul didn't rule out the possibility of retiring at the end of his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers to give him more quality time with his children, the All-Star point guard said in an interview with Sports Illustrated.
Paul, who turned 28-years old in May, could make a premature retirement from competitive basketball because of his greater love for his kids.
"I love to play basketball more than anybody," Paul told Sports Illustrated. "I'm serious, nobody loves to play basketball more than I do. But I could honestly see myself maybe stopping a little earlier, maybe premature, just because I hate to miss anything with my kids.
"I would hate for my kids to recall those special moments in their life, and I wasn't there," he added.
Paul signed a five-year, $107 million deal with the Clippers last summer with the hope of winning an NBA Championship within the time frame of his new contract.
The Wake forest standout averaged 18.6 points, 9.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds throughout his basketball career and made it to six All-Star games. In 2008, CP3 finished runner-up to Kobe Bryant in NBA balloting after leading then his former team, the New Orleans Hornets, to the playoffs.
A Championship appears only the missing piece in the guard's surefire Hall of Fame career and it has five years left to accomplish it under the tutelage of new Clips head coach Doc Rivers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510