NBA News: Chris Paul Will Retire Sooner Than Expected To Spend More Time With Kids
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 22, 2013 9:09 PM EST
Chris Paul didn't rule out the possibility of retiring at the end of his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers to give him more quality time with his children, the All-Star point guard said in an interview with Sports Illustrated.
Paul, who turned 28-years old in May, could make a premature retirement from competitive basketball because of his greater love for his kids.
"I love to play basketball more than anybody," Paul told Sports Illustrated. "I'm serious, nobody loves to play basketball more than I do. But I could honestly see myself maybe stopping a little earlier, maybe premature, just because I hate to miss anything with my kids.
"I would hate for my kids to recall those special moments in their life, and I wasn't there," he added.
Paul signed a five-year, $107 million deal with the Clippers last summer with the hope of winning an NBA Championship within the time frame of his new contract.
The Wake forest standout averaged 18.6 points, 9.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds throughout his basketball career and made it to six All-Star games. In 2008, CP3 finished runner-up to Kobe Bryant in NBA balloting after leading then his former team, the New Orleans Hornets, to the playoffs.
A Championship appears only the missing piece in the guard's surefire Hall of Fame career and it has five years left to accomplish it under the tutelage of new Clips head coach Doc Rivers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More