NBA News: Chris Paul Will Retire Sooner Than Expected To Spend More Time With Kids
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 22, 2013 9:09 PM EST
Chris Paul didn't rule out the possibility of retiring at the end of his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers to give him more quality time with his children, the All-Star point guard said in an interview with Sports Illustrated.
Paul, who turned 28-years old in May, could make a premature retirement from competitive basketball because of his greater love for his kids.
"I love to play basketball more than anybody," Paul told Sports Illustrated. "I'm serious, nobody loves to play basketball more than I do. But I could honestly see myself maybe stopping a little earlier, maybe premature, just because I hate to miss anything with my kids.
"I would hate for my kids to recall those special moments in their life, and I wasn't there," he added.
Paul signed a five-year, $107 million deal with the Clippers last summer with the hope of winning an NBA Championship within the time frame of his new contract.
The Wake forest standout averaged 18.6 points, 9.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds throughout his basketball career and made it to six All-Star games. In 2008, CP3 finished runner-up to Kobe Bryant in NBA balloting after leading then his former team, the New Orleans Hornets, to the playoffs.
A Championship appears only the missing piece in the guard's surefire Hall of Fame career and it has five years left to accomplish it under the tutelage of new Clips head coach Doc Rivers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899