NBA News: Chris Paul Will Retire Sooner Than Expected To Spend More Time With Kids
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 22, 2013 9:09 PM EST
Chris Paul didn't rule out the possibility of retiring at the end of his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers to give him more quality time with his children, the All-Star point guard said in an interview with Sports Illustrated.
Paul, who turned 28-years old in May, could make a premature retirement from competitive basketball because of his greater love for his kids.
"I love to play basketball more than anybody," Paul told Sports Illustrated. "I'm serious, nobody loves to play basketball more than I do. But I could honestly see myself maybe stopping a little earlier, maybe premature, just because I hate to miss anything with my kids.
"I would hate for my kids to recall those special moments in their life, and I wasn't there," he added.
Paul signed a five-year, $107 million deal with the Clippers last summer with the hope of winning an NBA Championship within the time frame of his new contract.
The Wake forest standout averaged 18.6 points, 9.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds throughout his basketball career and made it to six All-Star games. In 2008, CP3 finished runner-up to Kobe Bryant in NBA balloting after leading then his former team, the New Orleans Hornets, to the playoffs.
A Championship appears only the missing piece in the guard's surefire Hall of Fame career and it has five years left to accomplish it under the tutelage of new Clips head coach Doc Rivers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8