NBA News: Chris Paul Will Retire Sooner Than Expected To Spend More Time With Kids
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 22, 2013 9:09 PM EST
Chris Paul didn't rule out the possibility of retiring at the end of his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers to give him more quality time with his children, the All-Star point guard said in an interview with Sports Illustrated.
Paul, who turned 28-years old in May, could make a premature retirement from competitive basketball because of his greater love for his kids.
"I love to play basketball more than anybody," Paul told Sports Illustrated. "I'm serious, nobody loves to play basketball more than I do. But I could honestly see myself maybe stopping a little earlier, maybe premature, just because I hate to miss anything with my kids.
"I would hate for my kids to recall those special moments in their life, and I wasn't there," he added.
Paul signed a five-year, $107 million deal with the Clippers last summer with the hope of winning an NBA Championship within the time frame of his new contract.
The Wake forest standout averaged 18.6 points, 9.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds throughout his basketball career and made it to six All-Star games. In 2008, CP3 finished runner-up to Kobe Bryant in NBA balloting after leading then his former team, the New Orleans Hornets, to the playoffs.
A Championship appears only the missing piece in the guard's surefire Hall of Fame career and it has five years left to accomplish it under the tutelage of new Clips head coach Doc Rivers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date