Who would not want to work for big companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and Facebook? But how could one get a job in these "most wanted employers' companies?"
LinkedIn, a social networking Web site for professionals, has released a list of "Most in Demand Employers" in 2013. The list is quite comprehensive with the names of the top 100 companies across three major sectors: retail and consumer products, oil and energy and technology software and enlists the top skills required to score a job in these top companies. Click here to know about the top 25 "Most in Demand Employers."
Here is the list of required skills to get a job in the top 25 companies:
1. Google- is the company that tops the list of the "Most in Demand Employers." The skills needed to get in the company are distributed systems, python and Google adwords.
2. Apple- this company requires you to strengthen your skills of iLife, iWork and OS X.
3. Unilever- grabbing the top spot from Microsoft from last year, Unilever seeks you to strengthen your skills related to FMCG, consumer products and trade marketing.
4. Procter & Gamble- this company wants you to be efficient in consumer products, FMCG and shopper marketing.
5. Microsoft- third last year, the company still figures in the league of top-notch. The top skills required include cloud computing, partner management and enterprise software.
6. Facebook- this company needs you to be good at python, algorithims and distributed systems.
7. Amazon- requires your skills in distributed systems, scalability and algorithms.
8. PepsiCo- required skills are related to FMCG, consumer products and shopper marketing.
9.Shell- it is one of the biggest oil and energy companies and needs an employee efficient in petroleum, upstream and oil and gas.
10. McKinsey & Company- prerequisites to get a job in this company are management consulting skills, financial modeling and market entry skills.
11. Nestlé S.A- skills should be related to FMCG, trade marketing and food industry.
12. Johnson & Johnson- skills required are related to medical devices, pharmaceutical industry and FDA.
13. BP- this company needs you to master skills related to petroleum, oil and gas and upstream.
14. GE- this company demands its employees to be skilled in gas turbines, power generation and Six Sigma.
15. Nike- you need to strengthen your skills related to footwear, sporting goods and apparel.
16. Pfizer- you have to be efficient to skills related to pharmaceutical industry, sales and GMP.
17. Walt Disney Company- to get into this work, your skills must be related to entertainment, television and films.
18. Coca-Cola Company- required skills are related to FMCG, shopper marketing and consumer products.
19. Chevron- another big oil and energy company that demands expertise in petroleum, upstream and oil and gas.
20. L'Oréal- a major cosmetics brand that demands skills related to cosmetics, beauty and luxury goods.
21. The Boston Consulting Group- top skills required are related to market entry, strategic consulting and corporate development.
22. Danone- this company requires relevant skills to FMCG industry and trade marketing.
23.Twitter- you have to strengthen your scalability, python and distributed systems skills.
24.Accenture- this large organization needs to be an expert in business transformation, business process design and management consulting skills.
25. salesforce.com- strengthen your SaaS, PaaS and Enterprise software to be employed.
To contact the editor, e-mail: