Miss Universe 2013: Early Birds
By Riza Ornos | October 22, 2013 1:09 PM EST
The countdown is definitely on as Miss Universe 2013 candidates starts to arrive in Moscow City for the pageant's 62nd edition. As of Oct. 21: candidates from Ukraine, Poland, Thailand, Romania, Namimbia, Israel, Finland and Myanmar are the early birds of the competition.
The 8 early birds enjoyed strolling Russia's capital and posing for a photoshoot on the Moskva River overlooking one of the Seven Sisters, a group of seven skyscapers in Moscow which was designed in the Stalinist style. Miss Myanmar, Miss Finland and Miss Thailand are first three beauty queens who arrived first at the Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Center, the MU contestants home in Russia.
Miss Thailand Chalita Yaemwannang - This Thai beauty holds a Masters Degree in Tourism Management and Marketing in Bournemouth University, United Kingdom. She won her Miss Universe Thailand title on May 11, 2013 at Royal Paragon Hall where she received a cash prize of 1 Million baht, Sprinkling Rains Crown, jewelry set from Beauty gems, a new Toyota Prius and other prizes .
Miss Myanmar Moe Set Wine - Myanmar's first cotestant since 1961, Moe Set Wine has earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in marketing from California Lutheran University. She was hailed Miss Myanmar on Oct. 3, 2013 at the National Theater in Yangon where she won Miss Perfect Skin and Miss Famous titles. But after her victory, her ancestry was openly criticized by some pockets of Burma's social media when her participation in a local Burmese Chinese pageant was revealed. At the end, her ancestry was proven true and she holds Burmese citizenship.
Miss Finland Lotta Hintsa - She was crowned as Miss Suomi 2013 on May 5 during an annual event held at the Långvik Congress Wellness Hotel in Kirkkonummi. She will represent Finland in this year's MU competition and her runner-ups will compete at the Miss World 2013 and Miss International 2013. The 25-year-old Finnish beauty entered the Miss Suomi competition without telling her friends and family until she made it to the finals. She also lived in Ethiopia for a few years and believed that she could inspire young women that beauty is not tied up for being skinny.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health