Miss Universe 2013: Early Birds
By Riza Ornos | October 22, 2013 1:09 PM EST
The countdown is definitely on as Miss Universe 2013 candidates starts to arrive in Moscow City for the pageant's 62nd edition. As of Oct. 21: candidates from Ukraine, Poland, Thailand, Romania, Namimbia, Israel, Finland and Myanmar are the early birds of the competition.
The 8 early birds enjoyed strolling Russia's capital and posing for a photoshoot on the Moskva River overlooking one of the Seven Sisters, a group of seven skyscapers in Moscow which was designed in the Stalinist style. Miss Myanmar, Miss Finland and Miss Thailand are first three beauty queens who arrived first at the Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Center, the MU contestants home in Russia.
Miss Thailand Chalita Yaemwannang - This Thai beauty holds a Masters Degree in Tourism Management and Marketing in Bournemouth University, United Kingdom. She won her Miss Universe Thailand title on May 11, 2013 at Royal Paragon Hall where she received a cash prize of 1 Million baht, Sprinkling Rains Crown, jewelry set from Beauty gems, a new Toyota Prius and other prizes .
Miss Myanmar Moe Set Wine - Myanmar's first cotestant since 1961, Moe Set Wine has earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in marketing from California Lutheran University. She was hailed Miss Myanmar on Oct. 3, 2013 at the National Theater in Yangon where she won Miss Perfect Skin and Miss Famous titles. But after her victory, her ancestry was openly criticized by some pockets of Burma's social media when her participation in a local Burmese Chinese pageant was revealed. At the end, her ancestry was proven true and she holds Burmese citizenship.
Miss Finland Lotta Hintsa - She was crowned as Miss Suomi 2013 on May 5 during an annual event held at the Långvik Congress Wellness Hotel in Kirkkonummi. She will represent Finland in this year's MU competition and her runner-ups will compete at the Miss World 2013 and Miss International 2013. The 25-year-old Finnish beauty entered the Miss Suomi competition without telling her friends and family until she made it to the finals. She also lived in Ethiopia for a few years and believed that she could inspire young women that beauty is not tied up for being skinny.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet