Miss Universe: Oxana Federova, Russia’s First Victory and MU’s Shortest Reign
By Riza Ornos | October 22, 2013 12:18 PM EST
The pageant's most beautiful queen, Oxana Federova is Russia's first victory and Miss Universe shortest reign. Rumored to be pregnant during her reign, Federova denied the pregnancy rumors and voluntarily gave up her crown after 3 months of reigning as Miss Universe so she can can finish her law degree.
Oxana Federova was hailed as Miss Universe 2002 in the pageant's 51st edition which was held in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She bested 74 other candidates from all over the world and was given multiple honors and gifts for her victory, including a Russian doll dedicated to her by designer Helen Yarmak.
Federova won the most coveted crown and was voted unanimously as Miss Universe 2002; Miss Panama Justine Pasek is the first runner-up who later replaced Federova as Miss Universe, Miss China Zhou Ling is the 2nd runner-up and Miss Africa Vanessa Carreira as the 3rd runner-up. Thanks to her extraordinary beauty and outstanding performance, Oxana almost had a perfect score in the judges scorecard.
A native of Pskov, Oxana is a daughter of a nuclear physicist and her mother worked as a nurse. She's not only beautiful but she has the intelligence to back her beauty as she graduated from the police academy with honors. She then worked as an inspector in the Pskov militia before she moved to St. Petersburg to further her studies.
After she gave up her throne, Federova become a household name when she hosted Russia's most popular children show "Spokoinoi Nochi, Malyshi" (Goodnight Night, Little One), the show won the famous TEFI award for Best Children's Show in Oct. 2003 in less than a year of hosting it. After a numerous hosting gig, Federova appeared on the television show "Dancing With The Stars 2: Russian Version" in 2006, and made it to the Top 5.
Just recently, Federova accepted the Peace Award at the Beirut International Award Festival (BIAF) held in Lebanon on Nov. 27, 2012 because of her involvement in the children's charity program. She is now married to Andrey Borodin and have two children, Fyodor is now two years old and she recently gave birth to her second child, Elizaveta was born on July 22, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2