Miss Universe: Oxana Federova, Russia’s First Victory and MU’s Shortest Reign
By Riza Ornos | October 22, 2013 12:18 PM EST
The pageant's most beautiful queen, Oxana Federova is Russia's first victory and Miss Universe shortest reign. Rumored to be pregnant during her reign, Federova denied the pregnancy rumors and voluntarily gave up her crown after 3 months of reigning as Miss Universe so she can can finish her law degree.
Oxana Federova was hailed as Miss Universe 2002 in the pageant's 51st edition which was held in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She bested 74 other candidates from all over the world and was given multiple honors and gifts for her victory, including a Russian doll dedicated to her by designer Helen Yarmak.
Federova won the most coveted crown and was voted unanimously as Miss Universe 2002; Miss Panama Justine Pasek is the first runner-up who later replaced Federova as Miss Universe, Miss China Zhou Ling is the 2nd runner-up and Miss Africa Vanessa Carreira as the 3rd runner-up. Thanks to her extraordinary beauty and outstanding performance, Oxana almost had a perfect score in the judges scorecard.
A native of Pskov, Oxana is a daughter of a nuclear physicist and her mother worked as a nurse. She's not only beautiful but she has the intelligence to back her beauty as she graduated from the police academy with honors. She then worked as an inspector in the Pskov militia before she moved to St. Petersburg to further her studies.
After she gave up her throne, Federova become a household name when she hosted Russia's most popular children show "Spokoinoi Nochi, Malyshi" (Goodnight Night, Little One), the show won the famous TEFI award for Best Children's Show in Oct. 2003 in less than a year of hosting it. After a numerous hosting gig, Federova appeared on the television show "Dancing With The Stars 2: Russian Version" in 2006, and made it to the Top 5.
Just recently, Federova accepted the Peace Award at the Beirut International Award Festival (BIAF) held in Lebanon on Nov. 27, 2012 because of her involvement in the children's charity program. She is now married to Andrey Borodin and have two children, Fyodor is now two years old and she recently gave birth to her second child, Elizaveta was born on July 22, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money