Miss Universe: Oxana Federova, Russia’s First Victory and MU’s Shortest Reign
By Riza Ornos | October 22, 2013 12:18 PM EST
The pageant's most beautiful queen, Oxana Federova is Russia's first victory and Miss Universe shortest reign. Rumored to be pregnant during her reign, Federova denied the pregnancy rumors and voluntarily gave up her crown after 3 months of reigning as Miss Universe so she can can finish her law degree.
Oxana Federova was hailed as Miss Universe 2002 in the pageant's 51st edition which was held in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She bested 74 other candidates from all over the world and was given multiple honors and gifts for her victory, including a Russian doll dedicated to her by designer Helen Yarmak.
Federova won the most coveted crown and was voted unanimously as Miss Universe 2002; Miss Panama Justine Pasek is the first runner-up who later replaced Federova as Miss Universe, Miss China Zhou Ling is the 2nd runner-up and Miss Africa Vanessa Carreira as the 3rd runner-up. Thanks to her extraordinary beauty and outstanding performance, Oxana almost had a perfect score in the judges scorecard.
A native of Pskov, Oxana is a daughter of a nuclear physicist and her mother worked as a nurse. She's not only beautiful but she has the intelligence to back her beauty as she graduated from the police academy with honors. She then worked as an inspector in the Pskov militia before she moved to St. Petersburg to further her studies.
After she gave up her throne, Federova become a household name when she hosted Russia's most popular children show "Spokoinoi Nochi, Malyshi" (Goodnight Night, Little One), the show won the famous TEFI award for Best Children's Show in Oct. 2003 in less than a year of hosting it. After a numerous hosting gig, Federova appeared on the television show "Dancing With The Stars 2: Russian Version" in 2006, and made it to the Top 5.
Just recently, Federova accepted the Peace Award at the Beirut International Award Festival (BIAF) held in Lebanon on Nov. 27, 2012 because of her involvement in the children's charity program. She is now married to Andrey Borodin and have two children, Fyodor is now two years old and she recently gave birth to her second child, Elizaveta was born on July 22, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4