Miss Universe 2013 Fan Favorites: Ariella Arida, Erin Brady, Maria Jesus Matthei
By Sonalee singh | October 21, 2013 7:51 PM EST
Three weeks from now, the winner of Miss Universe 2013 pageant will be crowned. As the D-Day approaches, anticipations are running high.
87 of the world's most beautiful women, will come together to showcase their talent and culture on Nov 9, 2013 at the Crocus City hall in Moscow.
The contestants will be judged on the basis of three rounds: swimsuit round, evening gown round and the final interview. And at the end of the evening the reigning Miss Universe, Olivia Culpo will crown the winner.
Amongst the 87 contestants, there are however, a few beauties that have emerged as the pageant's favorite. And looking at their growing popularity it will not come as a surprise if one of them is crowned as the Miss Universe 2013.
Miss Philippines Ariella Arida is at the top of the list, with the highest no of fans. A chemistry graduate from the University of the Philippines Los Baños, Arida was a runaway model before participating in the pageant. She loves outdoor sports and has participated in Miss Philippines Earth in the year 2012.
Arida's win could bring a third consecutive crown to the country after, Megan Young's win at the Miss World 2013 pageant and Mutya Johanna Datul's win at the Miss Supranational 2013 pageant.
Another strong contender for the Miss Universe crown is Miss USA Erin Brady. Brady hails from Connecticut and is a Financial Accountant for Prudential Retirement in Hartford, CT. According to Erin Brady's grandmother she is a born leader and will surprise everyone with her will to succeed. Erin told Dailymail.co.uk that if she wins Miss Universe 2013 pageant, she will use the platform to raise awareness for the charities which could help children of alcoholics.
The surprise addition to the pageant hot favorites list is the Chile delegate, Maria Jesus Matthei. Matthei is a niece of presidential candidate Evelyn Matthei and is a model by profession. In 2011, she participated in Reina Hispanoamericana 2011 pageant where she emerged as a first runner -up.
Matthei told Beautypageants.indiatimes.com, "It was my dream to win and I did it. I'll arrive in Russia perfectly prepared."
Tickets for the 2013 MISS UNIVERSE Preliminary & Finals Competition are now on sale.
To purchase tickets for the Preliminary Competition on November 5th LIVE from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, click the following link: www.crocus-hall.ru/en/events/missuniverse2013_pre
To purchase tickets for the Finals Competition on November 9th LIVE from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, click the following link: www.crocus-hall.ru/en/events/missuniverse2013
To purchase tickets for the Offical Afterparty after the Finals Competition on November 9th, pelase call +7 (499) 55 000 55
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia