Miss Universe 2013 Fan Favorites: Ariella Arida, Erin Brady, Maria Jesus Matthei
By Sonalee singh | October 21, 2013 7:51 PM EST
Three weeks from now, the winner of Miss Universe 2013 pageant will be crowned. As the D-Day approaches, anticipations are running high.
87 of the world's most beautiful women, will come together to showcase their talent and culture on Nov 9, 2013 at the Crocus City hall in Moscow.
The contestants will be judged on the basis of three rounds: swimsuit round, evening gown round and the final interview. And at the end of the evening the reigning Miss Universe, Olivia Culpo will crown the winner.
Amongst the 87 contestants, there are however, a few beauties that have emerged as the pageant's favorite. And looking at their growing popularity it will not come as a surprise if one of them is crowned as the Miss Universe 2013.
Miss Philippines Ariella Arida is at the top of the list, with the highest no of fans. A chemistry graduate from the University of the Philippines Los Baños, Arida was a runaway model before participating in the pageant. She loves outdoor sports and has participated in Miss Philippines Earth in the year 2012.
Arida's win could bring a third consecutive crown to the country after, Megan Young's win at the Miss World 2013 pageant and Mutya Johanna Datul's win at the Miss Supranational 2013 pageant.
Another strong contender for the Miss Universe crown is Miss USA Erin Brady. Brady hails from Connecticut and is a Financial Accountant for Prudential Retirement in Hartford, CT. According to Erin Brady's grandmother she is a born leader and will surprise everyone with her will to succeed. Erin told Dailymail.co.uk that if she wins Miss Universe 2013 pageant, she will use the platform to raise awareness for the charities which could help children of alcoholics.
The surprise addition to the pageant hot favorites list is the Chile delegate, Maria Jesus Matthei. Matthei is a niece of presidential candidate Evelyn Matthei and is a model by profession. In 2011, she participated in Reina Hispanoamericana 2011 pageant where she emerged as a first runner -up.
Matthei told Beautypageants.indiatimes.com, "It was my dream to win and I did it. I'll arrive in Russia perfectly prepared."
Tickets for the 2013 MISS UNIVERSE Preliminary & Finals Competition are now on sale.
To purchase tickets for the Preliminary Competition on November 5th LIVE from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, click the following link: www.crocus-hall.ru/en/events/missuniverse2013_pre
To purchase tickets for the Finals Competition on November 9th LIVE from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, click the following link: www.crocus-hall.ru/en/events/missuniverse2013
To purchase tickets for the Offical Afterparty after the Finals Competition on November 9th, pelase call +7 (499) 55 000 55
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4