Katy Perry's 'Roar' Single Tops ARIA Singles Chart for 8 Weeks
By Janice Somosot | October 21, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Katy Perry's "Roar" single from her album "PRISM," tops the ARIA Singles Chart again and has been no. 1 for 8 consecutive weeks already.
It has stayed on the ARIA Singles Chart as long as the single "Blurred Lines," by Robin Thicke, making it a contender for the longest-running No.1 single of the 2013.
This also makes Perry the record holder for the longest running single at the top of the ARIA Singles Chart for a female artist this decade. The previous record was held by Adele for the single "Someone Like You." It stayed on the chart for 7 weeks in June 2011. Before Katy and Adele's record, Ke$ha was on top in 2009 for her hit song "Tik Tok."
The single "Roar," is the 1st single in the "PRISM" album. It reportedly has a combination of glam rock, arena rock and folk rock and is described as an empowerment anthem for Perry, who believes that she has found her power within herself.
"It is a record about self-reflection and self-empowerment and learning to deal with the curve balls that life throws you every single day." said Perry.
"Who can be the biggest bully in the equation is yourself and can get in your way and it's a song about [standing up] and speaking up for yourself and having the strength." she added.
"PRISM" is her 4th album and it has yet to be released. According to Katy's stylist, Johnny Wujek, who can also be seen in the current season of the show "America's Next Top Model," with Tyra Banks, Katy's new album "PRISM," will be out on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.
Check out the Official music video of "Roar" below:
The other tracks to make it into the ARIA Singles Chart are "Hey Brother," by Avicii in the no. 2 spot, "Bonfire Heart," by James Blunt in the no. 3 spot and "You," by Nathaniel in the 4th spot. Miley Cyrus lands at the top 5 spot with her single "Wrecking Ball."
Read more about Miley Cyrus Scores Both #1 Single & Album in the UK for 'Wrecking Ball' and 'Bangerz' here.
Meanwhile, the highest new single entry for the week is Ke$ha and Pitbull's collaboration track "Timber," which debuted at no. 6 in the chart. Speaking of Ke$ha and Pitbull's, they were supposed to have a concert in Australia, but canceled it at the last minute.
Read more on Katy Perry 'Roars' at the Sydney Opera House for Aussie Promo of 'PRISM' Album (Click here)
Read more on Katy Perry's 'PRISM' Album: Biohazard in Australia - Police. (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles