Katy Perry's 'Roar' Single Tops ARIA Singles Chart for 8 Weeks
By Janice Somosot | October 21, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Katy Perry's "Roar" single from her album "PRISM," tops the ARIA Singles Chart again and has been no. 1 for 8 consecutive weeks already.
It has stayed on the ARIA Singles Chart as long as the single "Blurred Lines," by Robin Thicke, making it a contender for the longest-running No.1 single of the 2013.
This also makes Perry the record holder for the longest running single at the top of the ARIA Singles Chart for a female artist this decade. The previous record was held by Adele for the single "Someone Like You." It stayed on the chart for 7 weeks in June 2011. Before Katy and Adele's record, Ke$ha was on top in 2009 for her hit song "Tik Tok."
The single "Roar," is the 1st single in the "PRISM" album. It reportedly has a combination of glam rock, arena rock and folk rock and is described as an empowerment anthem for Perry, who believes that she has found her power within herself.
"It is a record about self-reflection and self-empowerment and learning to deal with the curve balls that life throws you every single day." said Perry.
"Who can be the biggest bully in the equation is yourself and can get in your way and it's a song about [standing up] and speaking up for yourself and having the strength." she added.
"PRISM" is her 4th album and it has yet to be released. According to Katy's stylist, Johnny Wujek, who can also be seen in the current season of the show "America's Next Top Model," with Tyra Banks, Katy's new album "PRISM," will be out on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.
Check out the Official music video of "Roar" below:
The other tracks to make it into the ARIA Singles Chart are "Hey Brother," by Avicii in the no. 2 spot, "Bonfire Heart," by James Blunt in the no. 3 spot and "You," by Nathaniel in the 4th spot. Miley Cyrus lands at the top 5 spot with her single "Wrecking Ball."
Read more about Miley Cyrus Scores Both #1 Single & Album in the UK for 'Wrecking Ball' and 'Bangerz' here.
Meanwhile, the highest new single entry for the week is Ke$ha and Pitbull's collaboration track "Timber," which debuted at no. 6 in the chart. Speaking of Ke$ha and Pitbull's, they were supposed to have a concert in Australia, but canceled it at the last minute.
Read more on Katy Perry 'Roars' at the Sydney Opera House for Aussie Promo of 'PRISM' Album (Click here)
Read more on Katy Perry's 'PRISM' Album: Biohazard in Australia - Police. (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares