Katy Perry's 'Roar' Single Tops ARIA Singles Chart for 8 Weeks
By Janice Somosot | October 21, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Katy Perry's "Roar" single from her album "PRISM," tops the ARIA Singles Chart again and has been no. 1 for 8 consecutive weeks already.
It has stayed on the ARIA Singles Chart as long as the single "Blurred Lines," by Robin Thicke, making it a contender for the longest-running No.1 single of the 2013.
This also makes Perry the record holder for the longest running single at the top of the ARIA Singles Chart for a female artist this decade. The previous record was held by Adele for the single "Someone Like You." It stayed on the chart for 7 weeks in June 2011. Before Katy and Adele's record, Ke$ha was on top in 2009 for her hit song "Tik Tok."
The single "Roar," is the 1st single in the "PRISM" album. It reportedly has a combination of glam rock, arena rock and folk rock and is described as an empowerment anthem for Perry, who believes that she has found her power within herself.
"It is a record about self-reflection and self-empowerment and learning to deal with the curve balls that life throws you every single day." said Perry.
"Who can be the biggest bully in the equation is yourself and can get in your way and it's a song about [standing up] and speaking up for yourself and having the strength." she added.
"PRISM" is her 4th album and it has yet to be released. According to Katy's stylist, Johnny Wujek, who can also be seen in the current season of the show "America's Next Top Model," with Tyra Banks, Katy's new album "PRISM," will be out on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.
Check out the Official music video of "Roar" below:
The other tracks to make it into the ARIA Singles Chart are "Hey Brother," by Avicii in the no. 2 spot, "Bonfire Heart," by James Blunt in the no. 3 spot and "You," by Nathaniel in the 4th spot. Miley Cyrus lands at the top 5 spot with her single "Wrecking Ball."
Read more about Miley Cyrus Scores Both #1 Single & Album in the UK for 'Wrecking Ball' and 'Bangerz' here.
Meanwhile, the highest new single entry for the week is Ke$ha and Pitbull's collaboration track "Timber," which debuted at no. 6 in the chart. Speaking of Ke$ha and Pitbull's, they were supposed to have a concert in Australia, but canceled it at the last minute.
Read more on Katy Perry 'Roars' at the Sydney Opera House for Aussie Promo of 'PRISM' Album (Click here)
Read more on Katy Perry's 'PRISM' Album: Biohazard in Australia - Police. (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans