Katy Perry's 'Roar' Single Tops ARIA Singles Chart for 8 Weeks
By Janice Somosot | October 21, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Katy Perry's "Roar" single from her album "PRISM," tops the ARIA Singles Chart again and has been no. 1 for 8 consecutive weeks already.
It has stayed on the ARIA Singles Chart as long as the single "Blurred Lines," by Robin Thicke, making it a contender for the longest-running No.1 single of the 2013.
This also makes Perry the record holder for the longest running single at the top of the ARIA Singles Chart for a female artist this decade. The previous record was held by Adele for the single "Someone Like You." It stayed on the chart for 7 weeks in June 2011. Before Katy and Adele's record, Ke$ha was on top in 2009 for her hit song "Tik Tok."
The single "Roar," is the 1st single in the "PRISM" album. It reportedly has a combination of glam rock, arena rock and folk rock and is described as an empowerment anthem for Perry, who believes that she has found her power within herself.
"It is a record about self-reflection and self-empowerment and learning to deal with the curve balls that life throws you every single day." said Perry.
"Who can be the biggest bully in the equation is yourself and can get in your way and it's a song about [standing up] and speaking up for yourself and having the strength." she added.
"PRISM" is her 4th album and it has yet to be released. According to Katy's stylist, Johnny Wujek, who can also be seen in the current season of the show "America's Next Top Model," with Tyra Banks, Katy's new album "PRISM," will be out on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.
Check out the Official music video of "Roar" below:
The other tracks to make it into the ARIA Singles Chart are "Hey Brother," by Avicii in the no. 2 spot, "Bonfire Heart," by James Blunt in the no. 3 spot and "You," by Nathaniel in the 4th spot. Miley Cyrus lands at the top 5 spot with her single "Wrecking Ball."
Read more about Miley Cyrus Scores Both #1 Single & Album in the UK for 'Wrecking Ball' and 'Bangerz' here.
Meanwhile, the highest new single entry for the week is Ke$ha and Pitbull's collaboration track "Timber," which debuted at no. 6 in the chart. Speaking of Ke$ha and Pitbull's, they were supposed to have a concert in Australia, but canceled it at the last minute.
Read more on Katy Perry 'Roars' at the Sydney Opera House for Aussie Promo of 'PRISM' Album (Click here)
Read more on Katy Perry's 'PRISM' Album: Biohazard in Australia - Police. (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery