Samsung hasn't released any Android 4.3 firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 edition and owners may wait a little longer due to the Android 4.4 upcoming release. However, users of Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 does have a choice to get Android 4.3 Jelly Bean via SlimBean ROM.
_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_(2).jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom ROM
SlimBean ROM is among one of the most stable customised firmware which you can flash to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Wi-Fi and 3G models. It features Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS including the default changes such as Bluetooth Smart, OpenGL ES 3.0, Virtual Surround Sound and more.
In addition, SlimBean includes SlimPie launcher for quick app access, custom Quick Settings tiles and lock screen widgets with shortcuts.
1. Your device model should be Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 or P5110.
2. Root and install a ClockworkMod custom recovery on the tablet.
3. Create a backup of all personal information, settings and data files on your device. Don't use Samsung Kies to create backups.
4. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent to prevent power interruption during installation.
5. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for your tablet on the computer.
6. Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
7. Download the SlimBean Android 4.3 custom ROM according to your model - P5100 or P5110 - on your computer.
8. Download the SlimBean Google Apps package to your computer.
Warning: This is a custom ROM and requires manual flashing on your tablet which may damage it. We are not liable for any errors and damage which may occur on your device. Read, understand and follow the instructions carefully to prevent any possible damages. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the designated SlimBean ROM and Google Apps you have downloaded earlier then paste it to the SD card of your tablet. Do not extract any of them.
3. Disconnect the device from your computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys at the same time till Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create an Android backup for the current ROM which you may need to restore later. Select "backup and restore > backup" to create and "backup and restore > restore" if you want to restore it. It would be saved inside the SD card of your tablet.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. After the full wipe, install the SlimBean custom ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the Android 4.3 ROM you have pasted earlier > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and select "reboot system now."
9. The tablet will reboot automatically and may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean via SlimBean custom ROM. You may get notifications of push updates available from SlimBean and new add-ons for your device.
For comments or bug reports, send your feedback to SlimBean Bug Section.
To contact the editor, e-mail: